Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Hirogen are a nomadic humanoid species and faction originating from the Delta Quadrant. They hunt other sentient beings to challenge their skills and gain trophies as well as reputation among other members of their species.
During her exile between 2387 and 2403, Romulan Empress Sela made contact with Hirogen hunters and conscripted them into her service. In exchange for their support, Sela has granted them the right to hunt in the territory of the Romulan Star Empire.
Physical features[edit | edit source]
Hirogen are very distinct in appearance. They are typically very tall and have an enlarged dual-lobed cranium in comparison to Humans. They are closer in resemblance to a reptilian than a human, given their scaled skin, lack of any lips, lack of any hair or facial hair and flat nose (similar to a Saurian).
Hirogen are often seen wearing a silvery blue colored full body armor, sometimes with a helmet and/or mask that covers their mouths and nose (possibly for respiratory purposes when hunting prey).
Culture[edit | edit source]
The Hirogen are natural hunters, rarely travelling with company. Their whole society revolves around what they call "the hunt" which carries an almost spiritual meaning to them. Their hunts consist of themselves, the hunters, and their prey, who can be anything from a creature to a humanoid and they typically go after challenging adversaries which they deem to be worthy prey.
History[edit | edit source]
- The U.S.S. Voyager makes contact with the Hirogen in the Delta Quadrant in 2374 and becomes their prey.
- A truce is made later in 2374 when Janeway offers the Hirogen Holographic technology to allow them to become settled.
- The Hirogen's attempt of creating a nation state with the help of holographic hunting ground fails in 2377, when the holograms become sentient, begin to kill the hunters and ultimately escape to a planet of their own.
- With Sela's rise to power in the 2400s the Hirogen are allowed to hunt in the Romulan Star Empire in return for their allegiance.
Politics[edit | edit source]
The Hirogen are largely nomadic, traveling in small autonomous groups with a strict hierarchical order.
Military[edit | edit source]
Ground forces[edit | edit source]
Missions Involved[edit | edit source]
- “Patrol the Lonco System”: Forces of the Romulan Star Empire and the Hirogen meet in the Lonco System to discuss a formal alliance. Federation players have to intervene and prevent the talks.
- “Colony Invasion”: Hirogen forces are among the possible factions attacking a Federation colony the players have to defend.
- “Alpha”: Klingon players must defeat Hirogen led by Tarkan that are hunting survivors of a crashed Bird-of-Prey on Orith II.
- “Narendra System Patrol”: The player engages Hirogen forces attacking Romulan Republic vessels in the Narendra System.
- “Galorndon Core System Patrol”: The player must escort a herd of Gekli and protect them from Hirogen attack until they can safely return to Fluidic Space.
- “New Romulus: Warehouse”: A group of Hirogen act as Madran's bodyguards.
- “New Romulus: Mountain Base”: Hirogen hunters agree to help the Tal Shiar in trying to drive the Federation and Klingon Empire off of New Romulus.
- “Enemies in All the Usual Places”: The player inspects a Hirogen subspace communication array in the Trakia System; after fighting off Hirogen defenders, the player uses it to contact their factions' headquarters in the Alpha Quadrant.
- “Revolution”: Players disable and board a Hirogen ship in order to procure equipment to access a Hirogen subspace array and broadcast a transmission across the Delta Quadrant.
- “Taking Care of Enemies”: The player is ambushed by Hirogen led by Denin in the Pansarka System. The player manages to negotiate a ceasefire, convincing the Hirogen that the Vaadwaur would be much better prey.
- “Takedown”: Captain Harry Kim calls in Hirogen reinforcements when the Kazon betray the Delta Alliance in the battle for Vaadwaur Prime.
- “Dust to Dust”: A Hirogen hunting party attempts to lay claim to the disabled K.D.C. Samsar and must be defeated.
Size charts[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|
α — |
Location of homeworld unknown or somewhere outside the Prime universe Milky Way galaxy
|Details||Hirogen • Delta Quadrant|
|Ground Forces||Hunter Initiate • Hunter • Tracker • Beta • Stalker • Alpha|
|Starships||Seeker Frigate • Hunter Escort • Apex Battleship • Huntmaster Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Kinn • Koruj • Tarkan|
Romulan Star Empire (25th century)
|Details||Romulan Star Empire (25th century) • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • Gasko Station • Tal Shiar • Romulan History|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Subcommander Scientist • Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Arranhu • Charva • Hakeev • Janek • Khaiel N'Vek • Khiana • Ruul • Sela • Taris • Tarsen|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Falcata • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval • I.R.W. Rea • Sela's Armed Freighter • I.R.W. Sithesh|