Supervisor Lovro of the Hierarchy.
The Hierarchy is an extremely capitalistic society, measuring any undertaking strictly by its profit margin. They are also highly adept in the skills of espionage and remote surveillance. In 2376, the Hierarchy secretly observed the U.S.S. Voyager in order to assess the profitability of a raid on the ship.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Shivolia System Patrol”: Stalha of the Benthan Guard aids the player in defense against a Hierarchy attack in the Shivolia System.
- “Kendren System Patrol”: The player repairs Danil's ship, a Benthan Cruiser, following an attack by Hazari and the Hierarchy. Danil is attempting to arrest Daimon Qwen, who has been engaging in criminal activity in the Kendren System.
- “Orendal System Patrol”: The player has to survive an ambush by a Hierarchy fleet determined to collect a ransom on the player's head. After defeating the ships, the fleet's flagship can either be spared or destroyed.
- “Hodos System Patrol”: After realizing that their budget is too small to buy the best shuttle for Antares Trans-stellar Rally, Overlookers set up a fake qualifying race to trick others into showing off their fastest shuttles. After the player successfully finishes the qualifying race, a Hierarchy Frigate swoops in and tries to steal the player's vessel.
- “Alliances”: The Doctor and the player are able to convince Hierarchy Supervisor Lovro of the profitability of supporting the Delta Alliance in its fight against the Vaadwaur.
- “Takedown”: Commanded by the Doctor, Hierarchy vessels support the Alliance's attack on Vaadwaur Prime.
Iconian War[edit | edit source]
- “Butterfly”: In a holodeck simulation showing what would happen if Voyager had not woke the Vaadwaur from stasis, the player learns that the Hierarchy has stepped up their aggression and escalated tensions among the other races of the Delta Quadrant, the Iconians using them in the absence of the Vaadwaur.
Military[edit | edit source]
The Hierarchy are masters of stealth and espionage, using remote surveillance on passing ships to plan for future attacks. Their cloaking devices, while not advanced as Romulan or Klingon, allow them to slip up on a potential target and attack. However, they are not skilled warriors - they always use preset attack patterns, which can easily be exploited.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hierarchy has a major role in the Star Trek: Voyager episodes "Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy" and "Renaissance Man".
- It seems not all Overlookers work for the Hierarchy. While patrolling the Orendal System, player encounters an Overlooker Captain whose ship was boarded by the Hierarchy officers and used as a trap to lure the player in. He later apologizes, claiming Hierarchy threatened to destroy his ship if he failed to cooperate.
[edit | edit source]
- Hierarchy at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Hierarchy at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
|Details||Hierarchy • Overlooker|
|Starships||Hierarchy Frigate • Hierarchy Cruiser • Hierarchy Battleship|
|NPCs||Hierarchy Representative • Lovro|
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|