We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- You may be looking for Small Craft, the playable versions of Carrier Pets.
Carrier Pets are small, lightweight vessels that can be deployed from ships with hangar bays; such as Carriers, Escort Carriers, and Flight-Deck Cruisers. Most are extremely agile and easily out-maneuver any playable vessels. Carrier pets may specialise in direct damage firepower support, repairing the carrier itself or weakening / disabling enemies. Due to their weak shields and hull however they are easily dispatched: although due to their numbers they can inflict damage if not dealt with quickly. Carrier pets are most easily dealt with using AoE weapon abilities like Cannon: Scatter Volley or Beam Array: Fire at Will.
Whist not individually controlled, players can dispatch orders and commands through the use of carrier commands, which is available on any ship capable of deploying carrier pets.
- 1 Variants
- 1.1 Roles
- 1.2 Ranks
- 1.3 Federation Carrier Pets
- 1.4 Klingon Carrier Pets
- 1.5 Romulan Carrier Pets
- 1.6 Cross-Faction Carrier Pets
- 1.7 Ship Specific Carrier Pets
- 2 Procurement
- 3 Modifiers
- 4 Gallery
- 5 See Also
- 6 Reference & External Links
Variants[edit | edit source]
Note: Squad size refers to the number of carrier pets deployed per wing. Each hangar bay can support up to 2 deployed wings at the same time. Carriers have 2 hangar bays (max 4 wings). Escort Carriers and Flight-Deck Cruisers have 1 hangar bay (max 2 wings).
Roles[edit | edit source]
- Attack: Armed, with either no abilities or only self-enhancing abilities.
- Support: Unarmed, provides buffs or heals to friendly ships.
- Debuff: Unarmed. hampers opponents by debuffing / reducing their capabilities.
- Multirole: A combination between Attack, Support and / or Debuff roles.
- Raider: Capable of boarding hostile ships OR stealing resources (energy drains / siphons not included).
- Frigate: Powerful independent ships in their own right, heavily armed with multiple abilities and a very small squad size (generally only one per wing). Have a much higher hull point than fighters.
Ranks[edit | edit source]
A new feature added in July 2013 is the ability for your hangar/carrier pets to gain Ranks  while they are launched. There are a total of five ranks; each rank-up will improve their performance over time. Each fighter you launch will gain Ranks separately over time, so if one is lost it has no impact on the current Rank or continuing progress of any that remain intact.
Ranks are slowly gained based upon the time they spend in combat without dying. Reaching Rank 5 requires a total of 5 minutes of active Combat time, with early ranks being more quickly achieved than those at the high end.
NOTE: Ranks will be reset when a craft or your carrier is destroyed, or any time that you change maps.
Each time a hangar craft achieves the next Rank, it instantly receives a 25% Hull HP heal, as well as gaining additional stat buffs:
+5/10/15/20/25% Maximum Hull HP
- Tachyon Drones, Siphon Drones and Shield Repair Drones will instead gain +10/20/30/40/50% Max HP, due to their limited combat utility.
- Runabouts, Delta Flyers and all Frigate Hangar crafts will instead only gain +2/4/6/8/10% Max HP, due to their higher starting base value.
+2/4/6/8/10% Damage Bonus
Non-Damaging hangar crafts gain unique bonuses:
- Tachyon Drones will drain -10 more shields per tick, per Rank.
- Shield Repair Drones will repair 10% more shields per tick, per Rank.
- Siphon Drones do not currently gain in effectiveness as they Rank Up, other than Max HP.
- Announcement about carrier pet rank: Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #32.
Federation Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Klingon Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Romulan Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Cross-Faction Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
New Romulus Reputation Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Available via the New Romulus Reputation System.
|Attack||Scorpion Fighters||Tier I||3||Plasma||Plasma||-|
|Attack||Advanced Scorpion Fighters||Tier III||3||Plasma||Plasma||-|
|Attack||Elite Scorpion Fighters||Tier V||3||Plasma||Plasma||Torpedo: High Yield I|
Nukara Strikeforce Reputation Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Tholian Widow Fighters||Tier I||3||Tetryon||Quantum||Tetryon Feedback|
|Attack||Advanced Tholian Widow Fighters||Tier III||3||Tetryon||Quantum||Tetryon Feedback|
|Attack||Elite Tholian Widow Fighters||Tier V||3||Tetryon||Quantum||Tetryon Feedback, Beam Array: Fire at Will I|
Fleet Spire Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Obelisk Swarmers||3||Antiproton||Transphasic||Beam Array: Overload I|
|Attack||Advanced Obelisk Swarmers||3||Antiproton||Transphasic||Beam Array: Overload II|
|Attack||Elite Obelisk Swarmers||3||Antiproton||Transphasic||Beam Array: Overload III|
Ship Specific Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Breen[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Bleth Choas Fighters||3||Polaron||Transphasic||Evade Target Lock I|
|Attack||Advanced Bleth Choas Fighters||3||Polaron||Transphasic||Evade Target Lock II|
|Multirole||Elite Bleth Choas Fighters||3||Polaron||Transphasic||Evade Target Lock III • Tachyon Beam I|
|Frigate||Plesh Brek Frigate||1||Polaron||Transphasic||Cannon: Rapid Fire I • Torpedo High Yield I • Tachyon Beam I • Raider Flanking|
|Frigate||Advanced Plesh Brek Frigate||1||Polaron||Transphasic||Cannon: Rapid Fire II • Torpedo High Yield II • Tachyon Beam I • Raider Flanking|
|Frigate||Elite Plesh Brek Frigate||1||Polaron||Transphasic||Cannon: Rapid Fire II • Torpedo High Yield II • Tachyon Beam I • Breen Energy Dissipator • Raider Flanking|
Elachi[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Elachi Oschu Shuttles||2||Elachi||Torpedo High Yield I • Elusive Target|
|Attack||Advanced Elachi Oschu Shuttles||2||Elachi||Torpedo High Yield II • Beam: Overload I • Elusive Target|
|Attack||Elite Elachi Oschu Shuttles||2||Elachi||Torpedo High Yield III • Beam: Overload II • Elusive Target|
|Frigate||Elachi Qulash Frigate||1||Elachi||Torpedo: Spread I • Cannon: Rapid Fire I • Subspace Jump • Elusive Target|
|Frigate||Advanced Elachi Qulash Frigate||1||Elachi||Torpedo: Spread II • Cannon: Rapid Fire II • Subspace Jump • Elusive Target|
|Frigate||Elite Elachi Qulash Frigate||1||Elachi||Torpedo: Spread II • Cannon: Rapid Fire II • Subspace Jump • Evade Target Lock I • Elusive Target|
Herald[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Advanced Mir Fighters||3||-||Impact • Beam: Overload I|
|Attack||Elite Mir Fighters||3||Impact • Beam: Overload II|
|Attack||Baltim Raider||1||Beam: Fire at Will I • Torpedo: High Yield I • Raider Flanking|
|Attack||Advanced Baltim Raider||1||Beam: Fire at Will I • Torpedo: High Yield II • Ambush Gateway • Raider Flanking|
|Attack||Elite Baltim Raider||1||Beam: Fire at Will II • Torpedo: High Yield II • Ambush Gateway • Raider Flanking|
- "Requires character to own Herald Quas Flight Deck Cruiser or a Herald Vonph Dreadnought Carrier. They can be launched from both ships.
- "Requires character to own Herald Baltim Heavy Raider. They can be launched from both Herald Quas Flight Deck Cruiser and the Herald Vonph Dreadnought Carrier.
Jem'Hadar[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Jem'Hadar Fighters||3||Polaron||-||Directed Energy Modulation I|
|Attack||Advanced Jem'Hadar Fighters||3||Polaron||-||Directed Energy Modulation II|
|Attack||Elite Jem'Hadar Fighters||3||Polaron||-|| Directed Energy Modulation III • |
|Frigate||Jem'Hadar Attack Ship||1||Polaron||Quantum||Beam: Overload I • Cannon: Rapid Fire I • Kamikaze • Antiproton Sweep|
|Frigate||Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship||1||Polaron||Quantum||Beam: Overload I • Cannon: Rapid Fire II • Kamikaze • Antiproton Sweep|
|Frigate||Elite Jem'Hadar Attack Ship||1||Polaron||Quantum||Beam: Overload II • Cannon: Rapid Fire III • Kamikaze • Antiproton Sweep|
- Requires the character to own any Jem'Hadar starship to purchase but it can be launched from any starship with Hangar slots.
- Requires the character to own the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, Jem'Hadar Recon Ship or Jem'Hadar Strike Ship and one of the following: Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier, Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (T6), Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort Carrier or Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort Carrier (T6). They can only be equipped on the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.
Krenim[edit | edit source]
|Frigate||Krenim Heavy Raiders||1||Disruptor||Chroniton||Surgical Strikes I • Torpedo: High Yield I • Viral Matrix I|
|Frigate||Advanced Krenim Heavy Raiders||1||Disruptor||Chroniton||Surgical Strikes II • Torpedo: High Yield II • Viral Matrix II • Aceton Beam I|
|Frigate||Elite Krenim Heavy Raiders||1||Disruptor||Chroniton||Surgical Strikes II • Torpedo: High Yield III • Viral Matrix II • Aceton Beam II|
- "Requires character to own Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought and is limited to that ship.
Sphere Builder[edit | edit source]
Temporal[edit | edit source]
- [Hangar - Aeon Timeships] comes standard with the Paradox Temporal Dreadnought for Federation players and their Romulan Republic allies.
- [Hangar - Rozhenko Timeships] comes standard with the Paradox Temporal Dreadnought for Klingon Empire players and their Romulan Republic allies.
- [Hangar - Epoch Fighters] comes standard with the Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser and Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel.
|Attack||Advanced Aeon Timeships||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Subatomic Disruptor|
|Attack||Elite Aeon Timeships||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Torpedo High Yield II • Subatomic Disruptor|
|Attack||Advanced Rozhenko Timeships||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Subatomic Disruptor|
|Attack||Elite Rozhenko Timeships||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Torpedo High Yield II • Subatomic Disruptor|
|Attack||Advanced Epoch Fighters||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Channeled Deconstruction|
|Attack||Elite Epoch Fighters||3||Antiproton||Chroniton||Channeled Deconstruction • Beam: Fire at Will I|
Tholian[edit | edit source]
|Frigate||Tholian Mesh Weaver||1||Tetryon||Thermionic||Beam: Fire at Will I • Attack Pattern Beta I • Evasive Maneuvers I • Tetryon Feedback|
|Frigate||Advanced Tholian Mesh Weaver||1||Tetryon||Thermionic||Beam: Fire at Will II • Attack Pattern Beta II • Evasive Maneuvers I • Tetryon Feedback|
|Frigate||Elite Tholian Mesh Weaver||1||Tetryon||Thermionic||Beam: Fire at Will III • Attack Pattern Beta III • Evasive Maneuvers I • Tetryon Feedback|
Voth[edit | edit source]
|Attack||Voth Heavy Fighters||2||Antiproton||Chroniton Transphasic||Emergency Power to Shields I • Emergency Power to Weapons I|
|Attack||Voth Advanced Heavy Fighters||2||Antiproton||Chroniton Transphasic||Beam: Overload I • Emergency Power to Shields II • Emergency Power to Weapons II|
|Attack||Voth Elite Heavy Fighters||2||Antiproton||Chroniton Transphasic||Beam: Overload II • Emergency Power to Shields III • Emergency Power to Weapons III|
Xindi[edit | edit source]
- "Requires the character to own Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier it can be launched from either Xindi-Aquatic or Xindi-Primate ship.
- "Requires the character to own Xindi-Insectoid Olaen Heavy Escort Carrier to purchase but it can be launched from all three Xindi ships.
- "Requires the character to own Xindi-Primate Ateleth Dreadnought Cruiser to purchase but it can be launched from all three Xindi ships.
Procurement[edit | edit source]
You must own a Carrier, Dreadnought, Escort Carrier, Flight-Deck Cruiser or Multi-Mission Science Vessel in order to buy carrier pets. Every new Carrier, Escort Carrier or Flight-Deck Cruiser comes pre-fitted with a full set (for that ship) of carrier pets.
- All standard issue carrier pets on new ships are of quality.
- Federation players can purchase fighters from Starship Component Vendors on Earth Spacedock, Deep Space K-7, Deep Space 9 and Starbase 39 for 25,355 .
- Klingon players can purchase fighters from Gurkan at the First City Shipyard, Ch'korgh at Ganalda Space Station and Starship Component Vendors on Deep Space 9 for 25,355 .
- Romulan Republic players can purchase hangar pets from Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer found in the shuttle bay of New Romulus Command, or at the location of their allies.
- Dilithium Store for 30,250 . Most are found under the "Ship and Space Items" section, with the exception of Advanced Jem'Hadar Fighters and Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship which are found in the "Special Items and Boxes" section. fighters can be purchased through the
- Fleet Starbase after upgrading the Communication Array to tier V. faction-specific fighters can be purchased from your
- Reputation System. , and Scorpion Fighters can be claimed through the New Romulus
- Reputation System. , and Tholian Widow Fighters can be claimed through the Nukara
Players should also be aware that you must own:
- The Caitian Atrox Carrier to buy Stalker Fighters / Advanced Stalker Fighters.
- The Dacoit Flight-Deck Cruiser to buy Orion Interceptors / Advanced Orion Interceptors.
- The Corsair Flight-Deck Cruiser to buy Tachyon Drones / Advanced Tachyon Drones.
- The Marauder Flight-Deck Cruiser to buy Marauding Force / Reinforced Marauding Force.
- The Kar'Fi Battle Carrier to buy S'kul Fighters / Advanced S'kul Fighters and Fer'Jai Frigate / Advanced Fer'Jai Frigate.
- The Tholian Recluse Carrier to buy Tholian Mesh Weaver and Advanced Tholian Mesh Weaver.
- The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier AND the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (playable ship version) to buy the hangar version Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship / Elite Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.
- The Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider AND the one of two Breen Ships: Breen Sarr Theln Carrier and Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser to buy the hangar version Advanced Plesh Brek Frigate / Elite Plesh Brek Heavy Raider.
Standard Issue Carrier Pets[edit | edit source]
Hangar pet's performance is affected by various factors, all listed bellow.
- Modified by:
- Auxiliary Power level will determine the recharge rate before hangar pet can be launched again, and if Auxiliary systems are knocked offline, the hangar will not operate.
- Skill node
- Skill-tree unlocks
- Personal Space Trait
- Wing Commander: +100% Rank Up XP for all Hangar Pets
- Starship Trait
- Coordinated Assault - Beam Array: Overload and Cannon: Rapid Fire apply to your Hanger Pets.
- Dominion Coordination - Buffs hangar pet damage after activating Beam: Overload, Cannon: Rapid Fire or Surgical Strikes.
- Improved Tachyon Beam - Your Tachyon Beam will also regenerate shields of allies within 10km.
- Insult to Injury - Activating either an Intel Bridge Officer ability or Tractor Beam I, II or III, will allow your pets to use Torpedo: Transport Warhead I.
- Radiant Nanite Cloud - Causes all hull heals to heal for an additional 25% over 4 seconds in a 3 km radius.
- Reactive Repair Nanites - Hull heals also heal your hangar pets within 5km of your target for 33% of healing caused.
- Scramble Fighters - Instant Hull Heal, a short duration buff that renders them immune to all damage, and a boost to damage dealt.
- Starship Mastery
- Duty Officer
- Flight Deck Officer: Reduces the time to recharge Hangar Bay abilities after use.
- Flight Deck Officer: Increases the accuracy of any carrier pet launched from your hangar bays while they are in Intercept mode.
- Flight Deck Officer: Increases the damage of any carrier pet launched from your hangar bays while they are in Escort mode.
- Pets will have direct damage increase or indirect through target's resistance debuff depending on the ability:
- Attack Pattern Beta
- Destabilizing Resonance Beam
- Endothermic Inhibitor Beam
- Focused Assault
- Structural Integrity Collapse
- Attack Pattern Delta in combination with Conn Officer doff which applies a team wide effect.
- Concentrate Firepower - Torpedoes will deal extra damage, get free Torpedo High Yield I and get their torpedo cooldowns reset.
- Overwhelm Emitters - Attacking a target under effect of this ability will heal shields.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Reference & External Links[edit | edit source]
- Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #32: Carrier Command Interface 2.0
- Carrier Pets breakdown from CaptainGeko: STO Forum
- Season 6 Dev Blog #14
- Following the update on 19th July, all carrier pets had their quality increased by one: therefore Release Notes 19 July 2012 pets no longer exist:
|Federation Hangar-Launched Vessels|
|Rarity||Shuttles||Fighters||Drones & Platforms||Frigates|
|Rare||• Class F
• Delta Flyer
• Type 8
|• Tellarite Adamant
• Aeon Timeships
|• Shield Repair Units
• Kelvin Timeline Assault Drones
|• Callisto Light Escorts|
|Very Rare||• Adv. Class F
• Adv. Danube
• Adv. Delta Flyer
• Type 10
|• Adv. Tellarite Adamant
• Adv. Aeon Timeships
• Adv. Peregrine
• Adv. Stalker
|• Re. Shield Repair Units
• Advanced Kelvin Timeline Assault Drones
|• Adv. Callisto Escorts|
• Adv. Cestus
|Ultra Rare||• Elite Class F
• Elite Delta Flyer
• Elite Type 10
|• Elite Tellarite Adamant
• Elite Aeon Timeships
• Elite Peregrine
• Elite Stalker
|• Armored Shield Repair Units
• Elite Kelvin Timeline Assault Drones
|• Elite Callisto Light Escorts|
• Elite Cestus
|Klingon Empire Hangar-Launched Vessels|
|Rarity||Shuttles||Fighters||Drones & Platforms||Frigates|
|Rare||• Marauding Force
• Orion Slavers
|• Orion Cutpurse
• Gorn Heavy
• Nausicaan Stinger
• Orion Interceptors
• Rozhenko Timeships
|• Power Siphon Drones
• Tachyon Drones
• Shield Repair Shuttles
|Very Rare||• Re. Marauding Force
• Adv. Orion Slavers
|• Adv. Orion Cutpurse
• Adv. DuQwl'
• Adv. Gorn Heavy
• Adv. Nausicaan Stinger
• Adv. Orion Interceptors
• Adv. Rozhenko Timeships
• Adv. S'kul
• Adv. To'Duj
|• Adv. Power Siphon Drones
• Adv. Tachyon Drones
• Re. Shield Repair Shuttles
• Adv. Fer'Jai
• Adv. baSro'
|Ultra Rare||• Armored Marauding Force
• Elite Orion Slavers
|• Elite Orion Cutpurse
• Elite DuQwl'
• Elite Gorn Heavy
• Elite Nausicaan Stinger
• Elite Orion Interceptors
• Elite Rozhenko Timeships
• Elite S'kul
• Elite To'Duj
|• Elite Power Siphon Drones
• Elite Tachyon Drones
• Armored Shield Repair Shuttles
• Elite Fer'Jai
• Elite baSro'
|Romulan Republic Hangar-Launched Vessels|
|Rarity||Shuttles||Fighters||Drones & Platforms||Frigates|
|Rare||• Suliban Veil
• Kelvin Timeline Scorpion
|• Romulan Drone Ship|
|Very Rare||• Adv. Suliban Veil
• Adv. Kaleh
• Adv. Kelvin Timeline Scorpion
|• Advanced Romulan Drone Ship|
• Adv. Craeul
|Ultra Rare||• Elite Suliban Veil
• Elite Kaleh
• Elite Kelvin Timeline Scorpion
|• Elite Romulan Drone Ship|
• Elite Craeul