Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Hakeev values hierarchy and has the opinion that the Romulans are the rightful master race of the Remans, who he calls "beasts of burden". He is also of the opinion that the Tal Shiar are all that remains of the Star Empire, as its people are scattered and the Empress values nothing but her own power.
History[edit | edit source]
In 2365, Hakeev served under Subcommander Taris on the I.R.W. Haakona and participated in a mission to locate Iconia. Although no Iconian artifacts could be retrieved, they were able to locate the planet and their experiences led Hakeev and Taris to devote their lives to studying the Iconians and their technology. When they eventually made contact with servants of the Iconians, the Elachi, they refused to communicate with anyone except for Hakeev. Obsessed with bringing about the second coming of the Iconians, Hakeev lied to Taris and the rest of the Tal Shiar while doing the Elachi's bidding. In an effort to directly contact the Iconians that involved the use of decalithium and protomatter, he eventually caused the Hobus supernova in 2387, destroying Romulus and Remus.
As of 2409, Colonel Hakeev, amongst others, commands Tal Shiar Listening Post Hephaestus at the Hfihar Mining Facility, where he and Commander Janek are often at odds with each other. Romulan Analysts also keep a close watch on him, noting that he recently took a two-day-trip with a shuttle into the Neutral Zone, and also sent six encrypted messages to an unknown recipient.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Flight from Virinat”: In early 2409, Hakeev oversees the invasion of Virinat from his flagship, the I.R.W. Khnial. He loses his left eye during a battle with the player, which he later replaces with a Borg implant.
- “Gasko Blues”: Hakeev and the Tal Shiar have taken over Gasko Station and try to capture the player there.
- “Turning Point”: Hakeev leads a Tal Shiar incursion into the Khitomer System, seeking to disrupt a conference with the Federation and Klingon Empire about the establishment of a Romulan Republic colony on Dewa III.
- “Mind Game”: Hakeev and Sela attempt to brainwash Romulan Republic players into serving the Tal Shiar.
- “Installation 18”: Hakeev leads a Tal Shiar fleet that engages the player in orbit of Nimbus III.
- “Empress Sela”: Via subspace, Hakeev reminds a displeased Sela of the failed Khitomer operation, and that he cannot participate in her attack on Vulcan since the Romulan Republic "terrorists" demand his full attention.
- “Mine Enemy”: The player encounters Hakeev while infiltrating Listening Post Hephaestus.
- “Coliseum”: It is discovered that Hakeev and the Tal Shiar are working for the Iconians, who have put Hakeev in charge of an arena on Nopada Prime in order to test the weaknesses of Alpha Quadrant species ("Project Decimation").
- “Cutting the Cord”: The player confronts Hakeev's forces at the Tal Shiar facility on Brea III. After Sela turns her back on him, Hakeev is defeated by the player and Obisek and killed. (If the player is a member of the Romulan Republic, they are the one to kill Hakeev; otherwise, Obisek does so.)
- “Butterfly”: In an alternate timeline created by a temporal incursion initiated by the Krenim-backed Iconian Resistance, Hakeev has been assimilated and turned into Secundus of Borg. Trying to correct the timeline, the player and Commander Tiaru Jarok encounter and kill Secundus on a completely assimilated Romulus.
Missions mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “Revelation”: Taris explains how Hakeev deceived her and was manipulated by the Elachi and Iconians into destroying the Hobus and Romulus Systems.
- “Taris”: Taris claims that Hakeev is truly responsible for the destruction of the Romulus System as he betrayed her, and that the player is culpable by preventing her from contacting the Iconians to restore Romulus by reverting history.
- “Hidden Camera”: Khiana mentions Hakeev's death during negotiations with D'Tan.
- “New Romulus: Mountain Base”: It is discovered that Hakeev sent a transmission to Commander Ruul before he was killed, asking Ruul to continue to serve the Iconians for the sake of the Romulan people.
- “Uneasy Allies”: In 2410, the player and Sela return to Nopada Prime, discovering Hakeev's old "sanctuary" office, which leads to the functional Iconian gateway that was already briefly seen during the player's captivity the year before.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hakeev is voiced by Dave Rivas, who also voices Va'Kel Shon.
- A Mirror Universe version of Hakeev is available as a special cross-faction Duty Officer for players who completed the special event held to commemorate the revamped “Mirror Invasion” mission.
References[edit | edit source]
- As Hakeev is most likely referring to the events of the Romulan Republic mission "Turning Point", this statement must have been intended as a figure of speech. Sela was most definitely already aware of the mission's outcome, amongst others, because both had since met during the Republic mission "Mind Game".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Romulan Star Empire (25th century)
|Details||Romulan Star Empire (25th century) • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • Gasko Station • Tal Shiar • Romulan History|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Subcommander Scientist • Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Arranhu • Charva • Hakeev • Janek • Khaiel N'Vek • Khiana • Ruul • Sela • Taris • Tarsen|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Falcata • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval • I.R.W. Rea • Sela's Armed Freighter • I.R.W. Sithesh|