Germanium Carapace Fragment
Used in Gamma Task Force reputation projects
Can be used to obtain Mk XII gear, or turned in for Dilithium Ore.
Germanium Carapace Fragments are earned by completing missions that help support the Gamma Task Force. Used as input for obtaining set gear from the Gamma Task Force reputation projects.
Item information[edit | edit source]
Germanium Carapace Fragments have been recovered from the scenes of some drawn-out fights. While Germanium is a well-studied metal by itself and in several compounds, the Gamma Task Force is anxious to study its presence in a living being. Scientists hope that understanding this will bring us a better insight into our current foes and perhaps into life itself.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Germanium Carapace Fragments can be earned by various means. PvE queues on Advanced reward one, while Elite difficulty rewards two. Normal difficulty does not reward any. Ways of obtaining in detail are:
- Complete “Swarm”
- Gamma Quadrant Battlezone
- Chance of dropping from a Gamma Task Force Requisition Pack
- Complete a Reputation Upgrade Project to convert 100 Gamma marks into 1 Germanium Carapace Fragment (once every 20 hours).
Usage[edit | edit source]
The following Gamma Task Force requisition projects require Germanium Carapace Fragment as part of their requirements:
Additional costs for each item are:
- 40,000, 500 and 9,000 for the Ground set
- 40,000, 750 and 32,500 for the Starship set
- 30,000, 500 and 15,000 for the Starship Armament set