Freighters consist of a small group of playable starships with onboard amenities, as well as three sub-types of NPCs.
- 1 Playable freighters
- 2 NPC freighters
- 3 Image gallery
- 4 Vessels of the class
- 5 Notes
- 6 External links
Playable freighters[edit | edit source]
A number of playable starships come with onboard amenities such as Bank access.
|Tuffli Class Freighter||1||2||17500||n/a||0.7||2||1||✗||0||3||0||5||✗||✗||6||0.12||15|
|Suliban Cell Ship||1||2||10000||n/a||1||2||1||✗||0||1||2||5||✗||✗||16||0.17||50|
|Ferengi D'Kora Marauder||40||5||39000||1.3||1.15||4||4||✓||3||4||3||4||✗||8||0.15|
|Amarie Smuggler's Heavy Escort||1||6||39675||1.15||1.35||5||2||✓||5||2||4||2||✗||15||0.2||50|
|Ferengi Nagus Marauder||1||6||46575||1.35||1.15||5||3||✓||4||4||3||4||✗||9||0.15||50|
|Ferengi Nandi Warship||1||6||42090||1.22||1.05||4||4||✓||5||2||4||3||✗||12||0.18||45||1|
|Ferengi Quark Marauder||1||6||44850||1.3||1.2||5||3||✓||3||4||4||4||✗||9||0.15||55|
|Kobayashi Maru Freighter||1||4||27300||1.092||0.9||3||2||✗||1||3||2||3||✗||✗||15||0.16||40||14|
NPC freighters[edit | edit source]
Freighters are operated by civilians, primarily used for business ventures. When operating in Federation space, most freighters feature the S.S.-registry for civilian ships.
NPC Factions operating Freighter class vessels[edit | edit source]
Sub-types[edit | edit source]
Freighter class[edit | edit source]
This common freighter is bases upon Cardassian and Klingon freighter designs being in use in the late 24th century. Ships of these type can be found in many different corners of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.
Short Freighter class[edit | edit source]
This type of ship is based on the same fore section as the standard Freighter class configuration but is significantly shortened. It may also be used as a light freighter.
Long Freighter class[edit | edit source]
This type of ship is based on the same frame as the standard Freighter class configuration but is significantly prolonged. It's the largest civilian ship encountered in STO as of yet. Long Freighters feature much more cargo space than the other sub-types, explaining their wide-spread use.
Light Freighter class[edit | edit source]
Light Freighters are of completely different configuration compared to the other freighter sub-types. Their design has been widely used in this part of the Galaxy since at least the mid-24th century. As with all freighters. purpose of Light Freighters is to transport cargo throughout the quadrant. Armed versions of this design are also used as a Frigate by the Acamarians as well as assorted minor species.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Fore[edit | edit source]
Aft[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Hull Strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
- “Stranded in Space”: The player is tasked with rescuing the crew of the S.S. Azura from Orion attack.
- “Treasure Trading Station”: This is so far the only occasion in the game when freighters actually fire. However, they're no match for Starfleet vessels.
- “The House Always Wins”: KDF players are tasked with destroying the freighters D'Elon and Sirol belonging to the House of Torg.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense”: Players are tasked with escorting 4 groups of freighters to warp-out beacons and protecting them from enemy attack until they can escape.
- “Starbase Blockade”: Multiple freighters attempt to run enemy blockades to deliver supplies to Fleet Starbases and must be defended by the players' team.
- “Halting the Gorn Advance”: Players must liberate freighters trapped by Gorn forces in the Tostig System.
- “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”: Players must rescue freighters trapped by Starfleet ships in the Yov'bot System.
- “Temporal Ambassador”: In an alternate timeline, the player's ship - though still bearing its original name - is a freighter.
- “Sh'mar - Distress Signal”: Players must defend the freighter Sh'mar from True Way attacks.
- “Officer of the Watch (Daily)”: One of the tasks players are assigned is to scan a freighter near their Fleet Starbase for signs of smuggling.
- “We Need Breathing Room (Daily)”: KDF players are occasionally tasked with defending or boarding freighters during exploration missions.
- “Uneasy Allies”: Despite it being substantially upgraded, the player disables Sela's Armed Freighter after receiving a distress call from the Tereshkova, which had come under attack in the Hobus System.
Image gallery[edit | edit source]
Vessels of the class[edit | edit source]
|Freighter||Sela's Armed Freighter|
|Long Freighter||S.S. Azura|
S.S. Azura II
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Freighters can often be seen operating in the space around fleet starbases and Drozana Station.
- A freighter operated by pirates is one of several vessels that will spawn to aid players in combat when the Nimbus Pirate Distress Call is used (the others being a Breen Chel Grett Cruiser and an Orion Corsair Flight-Deck Cruiser). The freighter has minimal weaponry (only a single Phaser Turret) and mainly supports the player by using healing abilities such as Extend Shields and SIF Transfer.