|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article contains information that no longer applies to the current version of Star Trek Online. It is provided only for historical purposes.
Parts[edit | edit source]
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The player is send out to the Gamma Quadrant for a diplomatic mission to the Dominion. Upon arriving at the provided coordinates, he finds a disabled Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and a guarding Borg Cube. After defeating the cube he beams towards the bridge of the attack ship, where he meets the Vorta Gelrun and the Jem'Hadar Etan'Okat. He learns of a Borg invasion in Dominion space and agrees to help them in the Spino system. He finds a Transwarp conduit over a Dominion mining facility. He beams into the facility to get some explosives to destroy the conduit. After returning to the ship, the conduit goes active, sending in probes and cubes. At the moment that 5 cubes enter the system a Starfleet battle group, led by the U.S.S. Typhoon, warps in and together they destroy the Borg in the system. When the player is returning to Deep Space Nine to report, he is intercepted by the Prophets, who tell him that the Borg are going to attack them.
In the second part, Resistance, the player helps with the defence of the wormhole. The Borg send in wave after wave to defeat the defences and beam into the station itself. The player follows the Borg and defeats the Borg Drone, who are attempting to assimilate the station. After beaming back, he finds out that reinforcements have been destroyed and that he stands virtually alone. He cannot prevent several cubes entering the wormhole, but a Klingon fleet decloaks and opens fire on the Borg. The player hurries inside the Wormhole, where the last Borg are stopped.
In the final part, Into the Pit, the player travels back to the Gamma Quadrant and participates in a massive Dominion attack on the Borg in the Delta Quadrant. He finds a Founder who has been missing since the outbreak of the Dominion-Borg war. He also finds and kills the assimilated Gelrun 3. In the conclusion he defeats a Borg Battlegroup, commanded by Osephus of Borg.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This mission started while the idea of a Borg-Dominion conflict was forming. The Borg have been known to try to assimilate via temporal incursions before, and the wormhole would give them a perfect way to do so. Also the assimilation of the Prophets would give their distinctiveness to the Collective, a way of living which is totally unknown to them.
- A lot of characters of this mission are content created by the game itself. For example: Admiral Marconi, the man who gives the missions, is located on the upper level of the Promenade, and Commander Tafeng can be found in the Shipyard at Earth Spacedock.
- The Vorta Gelrun was assimilated in part 2, only to be killed by the player in part 3.
- The name Gelrun is a mixture of the names Gelnon and Yelgrun.
- Gelrun was confirmed to have been the third of his kind in the third mission
- The idea of the Prophets controlling when somebody leaves is based on the feautured series The 2800.
- The reason for the Dominion reinforcements that the player recieves on occasion and of the appearing Cardassian ships is because it is impossible for a player to place a Dominion squad. Only True Way Alliance squads can be placed, who are tagged as hostile and who can spawn both Cardassian and Jem'Hadar ships. In the mission the Cardassian ships are explained as left-overs from Cardassia's period in the Dominion and the attacks as the eagerness of the Jem'Hadar to kill everything.