Culture[edit | edit source]
The Ferasans and Caitians were once a unified species, but an extensive genetic engineering program has greatly modified the Ferasan genome. Ferasans consider themselves to be superior to Caitians, and most relish the chance to prove that superiority in combat. Ferasan society is dominated by clans of inter-related family groups who band together for defense and conquest. Loyalty is highly prized among Ferasans, although betrayals are common. The greatest honor a Ferasan can give to a clanmate or Captain is to remain faithful through adversity. Ferasans are a playable race in Star Trek Online for the Klingon Empire, however they must be unlocked from the Cryptic Store for 600 .
Physiology[edit | edit source]
Unlike Caitians, Ferasans are saber-toothed and some have telepathic abilities. They are bipedal, have tails that assist their balance, extended maxillary canine teeth and large eyes with excellent night vision. Their skin is covered with a soft fur coat, and their felinoid ears can pick up frequencies that most humanoids are unable to detect. Some Ferasans have telepathic abilities.
Other information[edit | edit source]
Players who purchase playable Ferasans also unlock new cosmetic options for any Federation Caitian character on their account if they have also purchased playable Caitians.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Species trait: Ferasan Ground Trait. Makes it easier to detect stealthed opponents and improves your stealth abilities. Additional Damage when using Melee attacks. Also increases your Jump Height.
- +5% Damage with Melee Attacks
- +75% Jump Height
- +5% Stealth
- +10% Exploit Damage
- +5 Perception
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Ferasan duty officers are only available for the Klingon Empire.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ferasans are based on the Kzinti from the Star Trek: The Animated Series episode "The Slaver Weapon". However, instead of directly implementing the race under this name, Cryptic had to choose "Ferasan" due to legal issues. Unlike Kzinti females, Ferasan females are fully sentient.
[edit | edit source]
- Ferasan at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Kzinti at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Kzinti at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Season 5 Dev Blog #45
|Details||Klingon Empire • Klingon • Gorn • Orion • Nausicaan • Lethean • Ferasan • Great House • Qo'noS • Klingon Academy • Rura Penthe • Boreth • Ganalda Station|
|Ground Forces||War Targ • Bekk • Warrior • Officer • Munitions Officer • Targ Handler • Swordmaster • Dahar Master|
|Starships||To'Duj Fighter • Bird-of-Prey (Original Timeline) • Bird-of-Prey (Kelvin Timeline) • Raptor Escort • Klingon Battle Cruiser • Negh'Var Warship • Vo'Quv Dreadnought • Bortasqu' Dreadnought Battlecruiser|
|NPCs||B'vat • Galera • J'mpok • Jurlek • K'Gan • K'men • K'Valk • Kagran • Kahless • Koren • Martok • Nin'Yan • Rodek • Alexander Rozhenko • Sirella • Temek • Torg • Worf|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Batlh • I.K.S. Bortasqu' • I.K.S. Chot • I.K.S. Kal'Ruq • I.K.S. Kang • I.K.V. Quv • I.K.S. Seg'pa • I.K.S. Targ • I.K.S. Worvig|