As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Federation Science Vessel (Mob)
- You may be looking for the playable version of the Federation Science Vessel.
The Federation Science Vessel is a Starfleet vessel. Science vessels are not as hard-hitting as escorts or cruisers, but perform excellently in a support role. They have the strongest shields of any cruiser-level ship.
The appearance of the Federation Science Vessel depends on its level, though its armament and abilities remain the same.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Hull strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Named[edit | edit source]
- “Diplomatic Orders”: The U.S.S. Forrest helps fight off the Undine in the P'Jem System.
- “Project Nightingale” and “War Games”: The U.S.S. Nobel must be rescued in the Cirini Prime System. Later, she helps fight off the Undine in the Draylon System.
- “Kalferi System Patrol”: The U.S.S. Bale is attacked by the Nausicaans.
- “Task Force Hippocrates”: The Olympic-class U.S.S. Boyce has to be defended against Gorn aggressors.
- “Trapped”: The U.S.S. Griffin falls into a Hirogen trap.
- “Second Wave”: The U.S.S. Opaka, U.S.S. Fletcher, and U.S.S. Phinda come under attack from Kar'ukan's Jem'Hadar fleet.
- “Report to Gamma Orionis”: The U.S.S. Borland, U.S.S. Chapar, U.S.S. Carnegie, and U.S.S. Barrett are part of Battle Group Omega.
- “Terradome”: During the briefing, it is stated that the U.S.S. Intrepid disappeared near the NGC-4447 System a month prior.
- “Nequencia Alpha System Patrol”: The player has to help the crew of the U.S.S. Jamestown negotiate a complex bartering process in order to procure supplies for a nearby colony.
- “A Step Between Stars”: The player discovers the disabled U.S.S. Gold inside the Jenolan Dyson Sphere and helps her make critical repairs so she can return home.
- “Revelations”: The player responds to a distress signal sent from the U.S.S. Callisto in the Delta Quadrant.
- “All That Glitters”: The U.S.S. Blackwell investigates a mysterious Ocampan freighter in the Shenda System.
- "Beneath the Skin" The U.S.S. Hofmann assists in the defence of Andoria alongside the L.S.S. Reskava from House Mo'Kai forces.
Unnamed[edit | edit source]
Federation Science Vessels can spawn in any encounter involving one or more cruiser-level Federation ships. The class varies depending on the player's rank. The ships are named according to their class.
- “Line in the Sand”: Science Vessels help fight off the final wave of Borg ships in the outskirts of the Vega System.
- “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”: Science Vessels patrol the Sol System.
- “Empress Sela”: Federation Science Vessels establish a tachyon detection grid around Vulcan in preparation for a Romulan assault; the player must defend these ships in order to maintain the grid.
- “Empire Defense Against Federation Spies”: A Federation task force is hiding in the Kahless Expanse. Some of the starships are Science Vessels.
- “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”: Numerous Science Vessels try to hold the Yov'bot System against a Klingon attack force.
- “Skirmish”: Science Vessels battle the True Way Alliance and the Klingon Empire in the Donatu System.
- “The Doomsday Device”: A Starfleet task force is sent to engage the Planet Killer in the Imaga System.
- “Minefield”: A few Cruisers, Escorts, Science Vessels, and Frigates are incapacitated by a Romulan attack force in the Sierra Outpost II System.
- “Preemptive Strike”: Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet fighting the Romulan Star Empire in the Rator System.
- “War Games”: A number of Science Vessels help drive off an Undine force in the Draylon System.
- “Facility 4028”: A number of Federation ships fight with the U.S.S. Belfast in the Ayala System.
- “Boldly They Rode”: A combined Starfleet/KDF fleet retakes Deep Space 9.
- “Fleet Alert” (KDF): Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet raiding a Klingon starbase.
- “Fleet Transport Defense” (KDF): Science Vessels attack freighters trying to dock at a Klingon starbase.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense” (KDF): An armada of Starfleet ships attack a Klingon starbase, among them Science Vessels.
- “No Win Scenario” (KDF): In Combat Simulation 347, Science Vessels are among hundreds of Starfleet ships attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “We Need Breathing Room (Daily)”: Federation Science Vessel (Mob)s are among Federation forces KDF players may encounter during exploration missions.
Vessels of the Class[edit | edit source]
Special Variants[edit | edit source]
With the release of Season Six: Under Siege, three new Federation Science Vessel variants have been introduced. They have mostly the same weapons and abilities, plus one or more special abilities.
- Rhode Island-class Science Vessel (equipped with Photonic Displacement)
- Nebula-class Science Vessel (equipped with Tachyon Detection Grid)
- Intrepid-class Science Vessel (equipped with Ablative Generator)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the player uses the Fleet Support ability, a Federation Science Vessel is one of the ships that may arrive to assist them.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Federation Science Vessel (playable version)
- Rhode Island-class Science Vessel
- Nebula-class Science Vessel
- Intrepid-class Science Vessel
- Federation Cruiser
- Federation Escort
- Terran Science Vessel (mirror counterpart)