This article or section is in need of an update.
- New article, work in progress
Numerous items in Star Trek Online can only be obtained by players of a certain Faction.
Ground equipment[edit | edit source]
Space equipment[edit | edit source]
- Non-Romulan players may obtain, but cannot use, Singularity cores.
- Many Carrier Pets are restricted to one or two of the factions.
- Many Universal Consoles are restricted to one or two of the factions; see the List of Universal Consoles for details.
- Playable starships differ by faction: Federation, Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic players have their own starships at each tier. Romulan captains may also requisition non-endgame tier starships from their chosen faction ally. A large number of cross-faction starships exist, however.
- Tier 6 ships come with Starship traits, several of which are exclusive to one faction due to the other factions not having a counterpart ship. For a list of these, see Faction-Specific Starship Traits. However a new tab was added into the Dilithium Store called "Account-wide Starship trait unlocks" so now faction-restricted traits now longer exist. Also a few Lockboxes have "starship trait packs" click here for an example: Kelvin Timeline Lock Box.