The Exploration Cruiser is a Captain level (Tier 4) Federation Cruiser. The most prominent Exploration Cruiser variant is the Galaxy class, which was the flagship of the fleet when it was first introduced in the late 2350s. The most well known Galaxy class vessel was the USS Enterprise-D, commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Galaxy class[edit | edit source]
Starfleet's top-of-the-line vessel in the mid-24th century. The Galaxy class was made popular by the multiple-award winning series, Star Trek: The Next Generation where the most notable ship of its type was the Enterprise-D. This is the shortest Exploration Cruiser variant, but the most iconic.
Celestial class[edit | edit source]
The design of the Celestial-class has components reminiscent of the Ambassador-class line of Starfleet cruisers. (One such starship was the Enterprise-C, commanded by Rachel Garrett.) Distinguishing differences between the Celestial- and Ambassador-class designs are the straight pylons, conical warp nacelles and engineering hull, and the thicker saucer.
To recreate the look of the Ambassador-class ships, most players prefer using this costume, along with the Galaxy-class pylons. However as of Season 7 the Support Cruiser renders this method moot.
Envoy class[edit | edit source]
Admiralty Ship[edit | edit source]
|+8 ENG per SciShip or TacShip|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Cruiser Commands[edit | edit source]
As a cruiser, this ship supports the following cruiser commands
- Ability: Strategic Maneuvering
- Ability: Shield Frequency Modulation
- Ability: Weapon System Efficiency
- Ability: Attract Fire
Standard Configuration[edit | edit source]
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
Comparison with Refit variant[edit | edit source]
|Consoles||2 3 2||2 3 3|
|Universal Console||[Console - Universal - Antimatter Spread]|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
In game screenshot of a Galaxy Class Starship at Deep Space 9
Notes[edit | edit source]
- interview with Adam Williams on Priority One, there was a variant for this ship class during production which had to be replaced. However, a preview screenshot was released on IGN.com. At the time of the interview he used the ship as his forums avatar, a nod to the fact that the ship "pissed off" Daniel Stahl, who ordered the ship to be redone. The variant that replaced this design was probably the Envoy class, as Williams described it as "the type 3, it's really blocky".
- The Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser was remodeled in April 2015 to more closely match her canon appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation.