Commander Ethan Burgess is a Starfleet Intelligence officer working with Admiral Quinn on operations on the Klingon front in 2409. He later directs Starfleet's efforts in exploring the newly-accessible Delta Quadrant.
Ethan grew up in London, which is also reflected in his British accent. He decided to join Starfleet after the Breen attack on Earth in 2375, as he realized that no place, not even Earth, is safe without people protecting it.
Missions Given[edit | edit source]
- “Secret Orders”: Burgess assigns his aide Lieutenant VanZyl to the player's ship which has been ordered to investigate AmbassadorB'vat's research facility in the Briar Patch.
- “The Doomsday Device”: Burgess assigns his aide Lieutenant VanZyl to the player's ship in order to find out more about B'vat's new "Doomsday weapon". Upon learning that it is a Planet Killer, the player contacts Burgess and Quinn, who then send all available ships to assist.
- “Mindscape”: Burgess informs the player that Rear Admiral Tuvok has requested their presence on the U.S.S. Voyager.
- “Reunion”: Burgess instructs the player to assist the Talaxians in immigrating to a new homeworld.
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: Burgess directs the player to patrol various systems in the Delta Quadrant to assess how things stand since Voyager first explored the region.
- “Revelations”: Burgess instructs the player to respond to a distress signal from the U.S.S. Callisto.
- “Enemies in All the Usual Places”: Burgess assigns the player patrol missions in the Delta Quadrant to establish goodwill with local species.
- “The Kobali Front”: Burgess directs the player to travel to Kobali Prime to help with efforts to break the Vaadwaur siege of the planet.
- “With Friends Like These...”: Burgess assigns the player to patrol the Delta Quadrant to further establish relations with various races.
- “All That Glitters”:
- “Know Your Enemies”:
- “Capture the Flag”:
- “The Dragon's Deceit”:
- “Better with Friends”:
- “Taking Care of Enemies”:
- “What's Left Behind”:
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Halting the Gorn Advance”: Commanding the U.S.S. Dennison, Burgess requests the player's assistance in freeing freighters and mining factories from the Gorn. Since the Gorn remain stubborn, he orders you to engage the I.K.S. Kal'Ruq and free the last civilians.
- “Escalation” (FED): In 2410, Subcommander Kaol instructs Federation players to report to Cmdr. Burgess at Delta Quadrant Command via the Jenolan Dyson Sphere.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before Delta Rising made clear Cmdr. Burgess' first name is Ethan, Lore Volume 27, Chapter 4 suggested this.