Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “A Gathering Darkness”: In 2410, players meet (the most likely real) Dr. Cooper on Omicron Kappa II where he is part of a research team studying the Borg nanovirus.
- “Fluid Dynamics”: Players recover Cooper from an escape pod of the U.S.S. Venture when the ship is lost to the Borg in Fluidic Space.
- “Sphere of Influence”: Dr. Cooper is part of the team involved in reactivating the Iconian gateway previously found on New Romulus.
- “A Step Between Stars”: "Dr. Cooper" is assigned to assist Rear Admiral Tuvok in a mission to a station close to the central star of the Solanae Dyson Sphere. After the two, assisted by the player, deactivated the sphere's dangerous omega particle-using jump capability despite renewed attacks by the Voth, Cooper reveals himself as an Undine infiltrator.
- “Surface Tension”: In an attempt to gather information, "Cooper" telepathically contacts Tuvok during the Undine ambush on Earth Spacedock. Tuvok, however, turns the table by exploiting the situation and gaining knowledge of the Undine's plans from "Cooper".
- “Mindscape”: "Cooper" continues his telepathic assault on Tuvok, who enlists the player's aid in defeating him. Tuvok and the player then track Cooper to Fluidic Space for a final confrontation. After he is defeated, the Command Bioship seizes "Cooper," stating that it would "re-purpose" him.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Assuming the Dr. Cooper encountered at the beginning of "A Gathering Darkness" is still the real person, there are two potential occasions when he was replaced by an Undine infiltrator. First, the Undine attack outside the compound on Omicron Kappa II during the afore mentioned mission, where the player simply finds Cooper "hiding away" upon arriving at the scene. Second, Cooper's re-appearance in a life pod after the Venture was destroyed in fluidic space during "Fluid Dynamics".
- Given the Player personally speaks with Dr. Cooper in "A Gathering of Darkness" on several occasions and that the Undine infiltrator seemingly doesn't remember having met the Player in "A Step Between the Stars", it could either mean that he was replaced following the destruction of the Venture or that there's a serious continuity issue (it should be noted, though, that "A Step Between Stars" was released before the Borg mission arc was reworked).
- Dr. Cooper's appearance was changed for "A Step Between Stars"; he previously had an appearance similar to a more generic Starfleet Science officer NPC.
- A character who looks very similar to Dr. Cooper appears on Risa during the Lohlunat Festival. This might, of course, just be a coincidence or a joke by the Devs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Cooper look-alike at the Lohlunat Festival on Risa.
|Details||Undine • NGC-2447 System • Fluidic space • Undine Base • Pelia Sector|
|Ground Forces||Recruit • Guardian • Officer • Psi Warrior • Battle Leader • Unit Commander • Psi Commander • Undine Infiltrator • Overseer • War Master • Psi Master|
|Starships||Dactylus Bioship • Dahut Frigate • Nicor Bioship • Dromias Bio-Cruiser • Vila Heavy Bioship • Tethys Bio-Dreadnought • Planet Killer|
|NPCs||Eric Cooper • E'genn • Designate 4187 • Designate 3020 • Sokketh • T'Vala • T'Vix • Zelle|
|NPC starships||Command Bioship • Elbe • Merak • Nykus • Osip • Zittau|