What are Engineering reports?[edit | edit source]
Engineering Reports are posted on a regular basis to provide insight into what the STO team is actively working to add, improve, and update in the game.
These reports do not provide a status update on every issue nor every request/feature asked for. It will however give you a good idea of what you can expect to see in soon to be released game updates.
Each report is broken into sections, though not every engineering report will have all the sections:
- In Testing
- These issues have been addressed, and are being reviewed internally. Once approved, these items will be added to one of the next Holodeck updates. Issues in this bucket are generally around 2 weeks away from going Live.
- Under Investigation
- STO Team members are looking into these issues (many times player reported) to uncover bugs or oddities that will need to be addressed. Not everything in this section turns out to be a bug, and in some cases these issues may be specific to some players and require CS resolutions. ETAs for resolution in this section vary by issue.
- In Development
- These are features or fixes that have been reviewed and discussed and are undergoing design time to be implemented in a future update. Issues in this section are more than 3 weeks away from going Live.
- In Design Discussions
- What is currently being discussed by the develepment teams to be worked on next. The time involved for these is unknown, as it is up to the development teams.
- Long Term
- Designs and features being considered for updates further in the future
- On Hold/Pending Issues
- These are issues or ideas that were being implemented, but are now being pushed back, possibly due to player concerns.
- Upcoming C-Store Releases
- What will be added to the C-Store in the near future, if the internal testing goes well.
Disclaimer: While these reports may list issues as pending or coming soon, the goal is to only push fixes Live once they have passed internal testing. If an issue is in testing and still buggy, we will continue to test the issue until fixed, even if it takes more than a few weeks.