Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ability: Emergency Power to Shields
Overview[edit | edit source]
Emergency Power to Shields is an Ensign Engineering Bridge officer space ability. It repairs disabled shields, increases shield regeneration, increases shield power, and reduces damage to shields.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Engineering
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Emergency Power to Shields directs emergency battery power to the shields for a short duration. It provides a shield heal to each facing, as well as a shield damage resistance buff.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Engineering Bridge Officer
- Target: Self
- System: Batteries
- Ability Type: Heal, Buff
- Activation: 0.5 seconds
- Starts 15 second system cooldown on:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 30 seconds
- Modified by:
- Shield Restoration (Improves Shield Healing)
- EPS Power Transfer (+10 All Subsystem Power for 10 seconds)
- Trait: Shield Overload Massive boost to Damage Resistance and Shield Hardness
- Trait: Layered Shielding Grants Temporary Secondary Shielding** Duty Officer
- Damage Control Engineer (Emergency Power variant)
- Chance to reduce the recharge time for Emergency Power to subsystem abilities
- Warp Core Engineer (Subsystem Power variant)
- Chance of temporarily improving your ship power on use of any Emergency Power ability
- Warp Core Engineer (Debuff cleanse variant)
- Chance of removing all debuffs on use of any Emergency Power ability
- Warp Core Engineer (Singularity Lockout variant)
- Chance to reduce Singularity Lockout with Emergency Power abilities
- Trained by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign
(in Tier 1 ship)
|Rank II: Lieutenant
(in Tier 2 ship)
|Rank III:Lt. Commander
(in Tier 3 ship)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The numbers given above are based on 0 points in the Shield Restoration
- The heal provided by Emergency Power to Shields depends heavily on three factors.
- Fractional points in skills, which do not show in the Star Trek Online interface, will affect the formula below. This may cause the formula to be lower than the value displayed in the game. Items such as Threat-Scaling Science Consoles will contribute to this.
- The damage reduction buff is based exclusively off of the ability rank. No skills or abilities affect this buff, but the buff does stack with other damage reduction buffs, items and skills.
- Formula for Instant Heal
- Buff = ((Ship Tier + 1) / 2) * ((Ability Rank + 2) / 3) * ((Skill / 200) + 1) * 300