Earth Spacedock (pre-Season 9)
|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article or section contains information that no longer applies to the current version of Star Trek Online. It is provided only for historical purposes.
Earth Spacedock is a facility orbiting Earth in the Sol System, and serves as the main hub for all Federation players. Although Earth spacedock was constructed sometime prior to 2285, its nine accessible main sections are outfitted with state-of-the-art technology.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Transporter Room[edit | edit source]
This is the room you are first in when you beam down to Earth Spacedock. You can beam down to Starfleet Academy from there.
Admiral's Office[edit | edit source]
At the Admiral's Office, players can talk to Admiral Quinn and get information on what to do once they're commanding their first vessel.
- Admiral Quinn is the officer in charge of Earth Spacedock and new players will speak with him frequently to begin and complete new missions.
- Commander Burgess oversees military operations along the Klingon front.
- Akira Sulu is Admiral Quinn's second-in-command, replacing Commander Samuel Winters.
- Ambassador Jiro Sugihara is in Admiral Quinn's office and helps you in your diplomacy career.
- Deferi Diplomat is engaged in discussions with Ambassador Sugihara.
- A Deferi Ambassador is in the lobby requesting assistance to retaliate against the Borg's assimilation of Defera.
- Linnea, the Admiral's administrative assistant, is seated at the front desk in the lobby.
- Starfleet Liasion stands on the lower mezzanine looking out onto the lobby.
- Grym, a Ferengi found in a corner near the Admiral's lobby windows, gives players the Lobi Crystal tutorial mission “Unlocking the Box”.
- A Romulan Ambassador stands at the fountain in the Admiral's lobby requesting assistance colonizing New Romulus.
Shipyard[edit | edit source]
At the Shipyard, players can talk to select and customize their starship, and a turbolift to Starship Requistions allows new ships to be obtained.
- Malcom Sissel, an officer who can help you with undocking from the spacedock
- Chief Engineer can repair ship injuries
Ship Requisitions[edit | edit source]
A room accessible only from the Shipyard, Ship Requisitions is where you can requisition weapons, consoles, and equipment for your starship.
- Dirz Raxx, from whom can customize your starship
- Ensign Obin, from whom you can select which of your starships to use at the moment
- Shalah, from whom you may requisition starship components for energy credits
- Lieutenant Commander Ophlim, from whom you can requisition starship components for dilithium.
Until season 9.5.The dilitium shop is particaly remowed
- Lieutenant Laurel, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of starships
- Ensign Byarnez, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of shuttles
- Commander Tafeng
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Lt. Commander Elsa Mora, the go-to person for requisitioning bridge officers
- The Bridge Officer Trainer, the person you go to for training your bridge officers
- The Fleet Ambassador, who can help you start or manage your fleet
- Commander Balt, who provides you information about ranks, levels, and skill points
- Civilian Contractor
Sickbay[edit | edit source]
- Chief Medical Officer heals personal injuries
- Nurse Rassa
Stateroom[edit | edit source]
This is the conference hall where several nameless NPCs brag about random players and watch on as an officer speaks about advances in astrophysics.
- Commander Menn Hilo, who is speaking to the nameless NPCs about astrophysics. If you talk to him as a Lieutenant or lower, he will refuse to do anything other than greet you
- Captain David Ford
Control Center[edit | edit source]
In the center of Spacedock is an Ops-like control center where the main crew works.
- Lt. Commander "Egg" E'genn, who provides information regarding the Memory Alpha project and science in general. Egg now provides the initial quest to go to Memory Alpha and contact Jenna Romaine who has been moved to that station.
- Lieutenant Ort, who simply redirects players looking for Commander Romaine to Memory Alpha.
- Lieutenant Carei
- Lieutenant Commander Okret, a Skill Trainer who can help you with respecs
- The Assignment Officer who answers questions about mission difficulties
- Lieutenant Mieri
- Security Officer, Duty Officer Assignment Giver
Exchange, Bank, and Mail[edit | edit source]
Here players will find the bank, their fleet bank, and the Exchange, where players purchase and sell items with other players. Next to the bank consoles there are Mail consoles which allow to send items to other characters.
- Market Speculator
Requisitions[edit | edit source]
This is where players may purchase personal kits and equipment, as well as alter their appearance and costume, for a price.
- Ghemik Telur, a plain, simple tailor who will alter your clothing and your appearance
- Ensign Lessa, from whom you can requisition personal equipment and weapons for energy credits
- Lieutenant Commander Arut, from whom you can requisition personal equipment and weapons for dilithium
- The Commodities Brokers Hosa and Fhoss
- Ferengi Collector, who buys prototype consoles
- Independent Transport Captain
Club 47[edit | edit source]
This is a bar and lounge where players can pick up or just meet others and talk. They can also trade with Pag, a Ferengi dealer who stands at the back of the room.
- Ensign Gol is outside
- Attendant, at entrance of the club
- DJ Zuza
- Ensigns Olesre, Paxad, and Tessmer are dancing
- Lieutenants Jotun, Yaris, Yeniz, and Lieutenant Commander Orjas are dancing
- Captain Jay Yim, who tells you about racing and the Tour the Universe event
- Niwan, bar tender
- Pag, a Ferengi male with merchandise from questionable sources
- Commander Shoko Futagami
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Commander Winter's position was originally held by Akira Sulu. Since many beginners did not know where the NPC was located, the question "Where's Sulu?" became somewhat iconic in the early days of Star Trek Online. A dialog between two NPCs in front of the Admiral's Office still refers to this. Akira Sulu is now back on ESD
- The original design of Earth Space Dock was controversial from the very beginning. Many fans wanted to see the more familiar shape from the Star Trek movies. It wasn't until the first anniversary of Star Trek Online that this change was actually made.
- Most of the interiors were also re-designed. The most drastic changes were made to Admiral Quinn's office, Club 47 and Starship Requisitions - now featuring a window overlooking docked Odyssey Class, Galaxy Class, Armitage Class, Ambassador Class, Vesta Class, Avenger Class, and Regent Class vessels.
- The original Admiral's office can now be found on Starbase 39.
- The developers had plans for the original Space Dock to be destroyed by invasion forces. As they could not implement such an event in time, they decided to explain the altered appearance with a practical joke by Q. A post on the official website stated that Q decided to reconfigure it in a more familiar shape and to renovate its interiors. The starbase's orbital position was changed as well. Originally it faces the American continents on Earth while it now orbits half way between Europe and North America.
- Earth Spacedock was revamped upon the release of Season 9: A New Accord. Unlike the previous redesign however, this change only affected the interior of the station. The change was showed in-universe during the episode "Surface Tension" which featured the near destruction of Earth Space Dock. Tuvok commented during the episode that "the damage is to Earth Space Dock is extensive, but we will rebuild." That episode is now the only place where the old ESD design can be seen.
- Surface Tension also revealed ESD NPC E'genn to be an Undine. E'genn was thus not present in the Season 9 revamp of ESD.
2nd Iteration[edit | edit source]
Original Earth Spacedock[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Spacedock (Earth) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Star Trek Online Earth Spacedock Tour video at YouTube.