System description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Dating back to the 23rd Century, Drozana Station was built as a Federation Deep Space Station and still runs on a duotronic computer core. By 2409, Drozana Station had been abandoned by Starfleet and the Ferengi took over the installation. Due to its location in the Klingon Neutral Zone, the station was a neutral ground for KDF and Starfleet officers to meet eye-to-eye during the Federation-Klingon War.
The proximity to Driffen's Comet also made it the hotspot of a Devidian incursion in 2409. The comet was destroyed during a Black Operation involving time travel to 2265, thus preventing the Devidians from using the comet's triolic energy to phase shift the Donatu Sector into their realm.
Station overview[edit | edit source]
- Transporter Room
- Ship Selector
- Marik (ground weapons Mk IX and devices for ground and space use)
- Neven (ground weapons Mk V; Mk VII and devices for ground and space use)
- Odenk (Commodities Broker)
- Orpek (ground weapons Mk I; Mk III and devices for ground and space use)
- Lobi Crystal Consortium (sells items for Lobi Crystals)
- Becka (A new Tailor, replacing Tek, who has retired)
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Tradecraft”: Members of the Romulan Republic have to meet secret operative Tal'Mera on Drozana Station in order to begin infiltrating the Tal Shiar.
- “Spin the Wheel”: The intelligence operative Ze'mara on the station has gone silent. The player has to find her.
- “What Lies Beneath”: Using Ze'mara's access codes, the player investigates the power failures on Drozana Station and discovers that the Devidians have created a portal there, leading back to the 23rd century.
- “Everything Old is New”: The player uses the portal to travel back in time to investigate the Devidians' activities in the past.
- “Night of the Comet”: The player's ship uses the Bepi 113 star for a slingshot maneuver to go back in time and destroy Driffen's Comet before the Devidians can use it to pull the Donatu Sector into their realm.
- “Unlocking the Box”: The Ferengi Grym asks the player to obtain some [Illicit Goods] from Drozana Station.
- “Time in a Bottle”: Qwen rents space on the station from which to sell a Krenim artifact he has acquired.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Drozana Station has been added to the game with Release 20100324.
- The Nimbus III plaque is a reference to the failed neutral "Planet of Peace", colonized by the Federation, Klingon Empire and Romulan Star Empire.
- To "tease" the Devidian Front feature episode, the lights on Drozana Station flicker ocasionally since Release 20101006. Actually, the lights are probably alright, but the station might be shifting out of phase into the Devidian realm.
- With the release of “Skirmish” the Station got a full revamp. Daniel Stahl announced this on an interview with STOked. There is no in-game explanation for the change in appearance, Stahl said, as the new version is what should have been in the game from the beginning.
- The interior of Drozana was again overhauled with the release of the Legacy of Romulus expansion. Again no in-game explanation was given.
- Tek the original Tailor was replaced by Becka in Release 20170608.
Gallery of pre-Legacy of Romulus interior[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- STOked Episode 54 - interview with Daniel Stahl