We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Deep Space 9
Sitting at the entrance of the Bajoran wormhole, Deep Space 9 (often abbreviated to DS9) is a space station located in the Bajor Sector. While it officially remains a Federation station under Starfleet control, citizens of the Klingon Empire do have access to Deep Space 9. Deep Space 9 serves as one of the most important mission hubs, meeting points and commerce centers of the Alpha Quadrant. Since the First Dominion War, a U.S.S. Defiant is traditionally assigned to the station.
System Description[edit | edit source]
DS9 was key to the defense of the Alpha Quadrant during the Dominion War, and its commander, Benjamin Sisko, laid the groundwork that led to Bajor joining the Federation.
Note: Although Deep Space 9 is officially within the Bajor System, it is seperately accessible from sector space.
Ops crew[edit | edit source]
- Captain James Kurland - Commanding Officer
- Commander Karen Andrews (KIA 2409) - First Officer
- Commander Sarish Minna - Operations Officer
- Ro Laren - Head of Security (2382- )
History[edit | edit source]
Deep Space Nine was built in 2351 as a mining station, serving Cardassian forces during the Occupation of Bajor. The station's original designation is Terok Nor. In 2369 Starfleet takes control of the station at the request of the Bajoran provisional government. Following the discovery of the Bajoran wormhole the station is moved from its original position in Bajor's orbit and becomes one of the most important commerce facilities in the entire Alpha Quadrant. It is also the starting point for any ship exploring the Gamma Quadrant.
After hostile confrontations lead to all-out war, Deep Space Nine is at the center stage of the First Dominion War from 2373 to 2375. The station's crew, including commanding officer Benjamin Sisko, take part in many pivotal battles of the war. Following the Dominion War, Deep Space Nine remains an important hub for trade, commerce, diplomacy and military operations. While True Way forces attempt to destabilize the region by attacking the station numerous times, DS9 is mostly recognized as the base of operation for joint Starfleet-Klingon anti-Borg operations. In late 2409 Deep Space Nine is once again overrun by Dominion forces, who were displaced in time by the Bajoran Prophets.
Locations & NPCs[edit | edit source]
Promenade[edit | edit source]
- Outfitter Adjka and Armorer Zentan (Personal Shields and Body Armor Vendors)
- Yeserin and Konzaar (Commodities Brokers)
- The Mugato Handler (provides the 800 Day Veteran Reward)
- Kalti Vrann and Kilta Vrann (Andorian Kit Merchants)
- The Omega Force Officers:
- Romulan Ambassador
- Personal Weapon Vendors:
- Temple Visitors:
- Pag (Merchant)
- Dolgun and Tohmoe (Device Merchants)
- Mo'Neke (Tailor)
- Ferengi Trader
- Starfleet and Klingon Security Officers
Upper Level of the Promenade[edit | edit source]
West Docking Ring[edit | edit source]
- Shipwright Arcol (Starship Customization)
- Det (Ship Selector)
- Chief Engineer (Repair Ship Injuries)
- Obb (Ship Equipment Vendor)
- Caitian Engineering Officer
- Eclia (Ship and Shuttle Requisitions)
- Shuttle Information Officer (Shuttle Information)
- Starfleet Observer
- Tor Mazo
East Docking Ring[edit | edit source]
- Chief Medical Officer to heal injured crew
Quark's Bar[edit | edit source]
There is a Dabo wheel in the bar where you can play.
Operations[edit | edit source]
To get to Operations (or "Ops"), take the turbolift next to the beam-in location.
- Captain James Kurland, commander of the station and mission giver
- Commander Sarish Minna, operations officer of DS9 and mission giver
- An officer at the upper level (who alternates between one of the three professions), from whom you can requisition Bridge Officers
- Captain Gorah
- Lt. Commander Adina Charles
- Ambassador S'taass
Missions Involved[edit | edit source]
- “Temple Offerings”
- “Lost and Found”
- “Second Wave”
- “Operation Gamma”
- “Boldly They Rode”
- “Counterpoint”: Using the Orb of Possibilities, Admiral Leeta transports mirror-Terok Nor right next to Deep Space 9 in the prime universe.
- “Assault on Terok Nor”: After boarding mirror-Terok Nor and defeating Leeta, she beams out and the player retrieves the Orb of Possibilities, thereby returning Terok Nor to its universe.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The appearance of the space around Deep Space 9 was heavily redesigned with the release of the fourth Featured Series The 2800 to more closely resemble canon (e.g., purple Denorios belt instead of diffuse brown nebula).
- Starting with Season Five, Klingon players have access to the station.
- The Cardassians have a second starbase identical to Deep Space 9 in the Trivas System, called Empok Nor. This station was however completely abandoned by both sides following the end of the Cardassian occupation and fell into disrepair.
[edit | edit source]
- Deep Space 9 at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Deep Space 9 at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.