From Star Trek Online Wiki
History[edit | edit source]
- 2338: Built by Noonien Soong, Data is activated after the Crystalline Entity destroys his home colony on Omicron Theta.
- 2344: Data joins Starfleet, and serves as Operations Officer aboard the starships U.S.S. Enterprise-D and U.S.S. Enterprise-E beginning in 2364.
- 2379: The Enterprise recovers another Soong-type android, called B-4. In an effort to teach his "brother," Data uploads his entire library of internal files to B-4. Later, Data sacrifices himself in order to rescue Captain Jean-Luc Picard and destroy the I.R.W. Scimitar.
- 2384: Starfleet transfers B-4 to the custody of the Soong Foundation.
- 2385: Data's personality is restored in B-4's body, thanks to the efforts of the Soong Foundation and Geordi La Forge. Data initially resists the restoration, and attempts to purge himself in an effort to save his "brother," but B-4 thwarts the attempt, sacrificing himself so Data can assist Starfleet against the Undine threat. (The Needs of the Many)
- 2386: Data attends the wedding of Worf and Grilka. He later requests that his Starfleet commission be reactivated, which Starfleet Command agrees to after Ambassador Picard, William Riker, and other former Enterprise crew members testify on his behalf. Data is given the rank of Captain.
- 2387: Data assumes command of the Enterprise, which has undergone an extensive refit. He is able to perform the advanced calculations required to seal a rift to Fluidic space the size of a small moon. The Enterprise also assists Ambassador Picard and Spock's attempts to save the Romulan homeworld from destruction.
- 2390: The Enterprise surveys the McAllister C-5 Nebula; Data reports that they had discovered multiple quantum singularities in the area of the nebula that corresponded to those used by the Undine to cross from fluidic space.
- 2408: The Enterprise is lost to the Undine at Starbase 236, though Data and his crew escape.
- 2409: When Va'Kel Shon is offered command of the U.S.S. Enterprise-F, he visits Data in Oxford, stating that feels Data should assume the command. Data advises Shon to accept the command, saying Shon is an ideal candidate for the position. Data works with the Daystrom Institute in some capacity, and is working on an android he refers to as "brother," in his home.
- 2410: Data has returned to Starfleet, though it is currently unknown what his present rank and assignment are - if any.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Message From Another Time III”: In a log, Commander Nereda describes a mission during which she prevented Na'kuhl agents, posing as Remans, from recovering the buries pieces of B-4 on Kolarus III. They had planned to program B-4 to cause a warp core breach on the Enterprise-E while it orbited Romulus. Nereda and her team re-buried the components for Captain Picard and his team to find later.
- “Survivor”: Data meets with Sela after her incarceration at the end of the mission, bringing a hologram of her deceased mother Natasha Yar. Sela then asks Data to tell her about her mother.
Note[edit | edit source]
- Data and B-4's story after Star Trek: Nemesis is outlined in the official Path to 2409, the Star Trek Online tie-in novel The Needs of the Many, and Star Trek Magazine's Original Fiction.
- While we don't see Data's face in his appearance in the ending cutscene of "Survivor", his possession of the Tasha Yar hologram and Sela's request that he tell her about Tasha strongly imply that this is in fact Data. His uniform may also suggest he is still in active service with Starfleet.
References[edit | edit source]
- Original Fiction Unexpected Honor
[edit | edit source]
- Data at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- B-4 at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Data at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.