Star Trek Online has five main types of currency available:
- Energy Credits - Used for the purchase and sale of most items and services.
- Reputation marks:
- Fleet Assets:
- Dilithium Ore - In-game, dilithium is almost exclusively earned as unrefined ore, e.g., by completing daily missions, and other sources.
- Refined Dilithium - 8000 dilithium ore can be refined per day and character. Only refined dilithium can be used to purchase starships and items or exchanged for Zen .
- Gold-Pressed Latinum - Sometimes referred to as GPL, used to acquire holo projectors for different ships, buy latinum trophies, free Deferi slaves, or use in duty officer missions
Secondary Currencies[edit | edit source]
- Lobi Crystals - Gained from Lock Boxes and used to buy various special items from the Lobi Crystal Consortium.
- Zen (Formerly Cryptic Points ) - Perfect World's digital currency which can be purchased for real money and is used to buy special in-game items in all of their games, including Star Trek Online.
Former Currencies[edit | edit source]
- Starfleet Merits - Used for the purchase and sale of Bridge Officers and other Starfleet actions like skill retraining.
- Honor - Used for the purchase and sale of Bridge Officers and other Klingon Defense Force actions.
- Badges of Exploration
- PvP Medals - Used to acquire items and obtained from PvP events.
- Marks of Honor - Used to acquire very rare Mk X weapons and equipment for ships and away team
- Marks of Exploration - Used to acquire very rare Mk X weapons and equipment for ships and away teams.
- Marks of Valor - Used to acquire very rare Mk X weapons and equipment for ships and away teams.
- Emblems - Used to acquire rare and very rare Mk XI gear for ships and away teams.