Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor
+X Starship Sensors
Attack Upgrade - Seeks Cloaked, Disable Engines
- Upgrades your next torpedo attack. Seeks cloaked targets, drains engine power with a chance to disable the entire system.
- Special Ability: Emission-Seeking Torpedo
The Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor can be obtained by the players of all factions.
- and - Cruiser Refit (C-Store, 750 , Tier 2)
- and - [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech] [Tal Shiar Lock Box]
This console can be equipped on any starship, in any console slot. Player may only equip one of these consoles.
Game Description[edit | edit source]
In 2293, the U.S.S. Enterprise-A was under attack by a prototype Klingon Bird-of-Prey that could fire while cloaked. Since it was impossible to see the attacking ship, Commander Nyota Uhura suggested they use the equipment they had on board to catalog gaseous anomalies to help detect the cloaked Bird-of-Prey, stating that "the thing's gotta have a tailpipe". This Console Mod can be equipped on any ship, in any console slot. You may only equip one of theses mods on any single ship.
The Ionized Gas Sensor Console Mod grants modest passive bonus to your starship sensors which scales with level. It also grants an active ability that can modify most torpedo types to track down cloaked enemy ships.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bonus to Starship Sensors is based off of the player's rank and uses the same formula as [Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection Field] and [Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection Grid].
- Formula for Sensor Bonus
- Bonus = (Player Rank + 11) * 3 / 8
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- The emission-seeking torpedo was seen in the movie: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
Stand-Alone Universal Consoles
|Rank||Small Craft & Tier 1-4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Lock Box & Others|
(23rd & 25th century)