Console - Universal - Cloaking Device
- Cloaking Device redirects here. For details of cloaking in general, see Cloak.
- -5% Current Shield Power per sec
- +50% Defense
- After Decloaking, +15% Damage Bonus for 5 sec
- After 3 sec, +4,975 Stealth
- Special Ability: Cloak
The Console - Universal - Cloaking Device is a universal starship console that grants Cloak . This console can only be obtained by purchasing the Federation Dreadnought Cruiser for 2,500 or the Tactical Escort Retrofit for 2,000. It can also be equipped on the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit, the Avenger Battle Cruiser, the Fleet Avenger Battle Cruiser, the Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser, the Aquarius Light Escort and the Fleet Aquarius Light Escort.
The Treaty of Algeron, signed in 2311 by the Romulan Star Empire and the United Federation of Planets, prohibited Federation cloaking devices. This agreement has been a source of controversy in Starfleet, where some officers believed it severely limited tactical options and put the Federation at a disadvantage.
Although the Federation initially agreed to follow the treaty after the destruction of the Romulan homeworld, in early 2409 Starfleet was authorized to develop and implement cloaking technology on selected ships.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cloak is a toggle ability, meaning it can be turned on indefinitely. However, the Cloak will shut down if the ship enters combat, takes damage, encounters a dialogue box, or warps out of the system. In addition, you may have to decloak if you want to interact with mission oriented items.
- The Cloak is different than the Battle Cloak, as the Cloak cannot be activated in Red Alert.
- The Cloak console is not a part of the Enhanced Engineering Systems set.
- This console was originally unique per character. However, it has been changed so that now any character can have as many as they want.
Stand-Alone Universal Consoles
|Rank||Small Craft & Tier 1-4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Lock Box & Others|
(inc. TOS Starfleet & DSC Starfleet)
|Klingon Defense Force|