|For its 23rd century counterpart, see Earth Spacedock (23rd Century).|
- 1 General information
- 2 Locations
- 3 Missions involved
- 4 Other involvement
- 5 Notes
- 6 External Links
General information[edit | edit source]
Although Earth Spacedock's main frame has originally been constructed sometime prior to 2285, it has since been outfitted with state-of-the-art technology. As of 2410, the commanding officer of the station is Captain Akira Sulu who handles organisational businesses for the station's Commander-in-Chief Fleet Admiral Jorel Quinn.
Earth Spacedock is one of Starfleet's largest orbital installations. Its beam and draft are 3,812 m and 5,544 m, respectively, with a total dry mass of 10,552,000 t. It offers a volume of 21,924,000 m³ and has a complement of 312,000.
Starships in the vicinity[edit | edit source]
- Inside spacedock
- Outside spacedock
- U.S.S. Berkeley
- U.S.S. Cerberus
- U.S.S. Geronimo (in drydock)
- U.S.S. Hotspur
- U.S.S. Indefatigable
- F.M.S. Karluk
- I.G.V. Khyzon (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Lakota
- U.S.S. Leviathan
- U.S.S. Loma Prieta (in drydock)
- U.S.S. Los Gatos (patrolling)
- U.S.S. Pasteur
- U.S.S. Redoubt
- U.S.S. Rhode Island
- U.S.S. Sagan
- V.S.S. Soval
- U.S.S. Trafalgar
- U.S.S. Tahde (patrolling)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Earth Spacedock has the following accessible areas:
- Deck 47 - Strut frames 147-152 (see subsections below)
- Deck 83 - Sections Red & Blue (only for Foundry doors)
Transporter Room[edit | edit source]
This is the room you are first in when you beam down to Earth Spacedock. You can also beam down to Starfleet Academy from there.
- Chief Ch'Thras welcomes you and provides navigational information around Earth Spacedock.
- Golos Vell
Main concourse & Shipyard[edit | edit source]
The Main Concourse is the central plaza of Earth Spacedock's deck 47. At the Shipyard, players can select and customize their starship, as well as obtain new vessels.
- Main concourse
- Malcom Sissel, an officer who can help you with undocking from the spacedock
- Chief Engineer, who can repair ship injuries
- Dirz Raxx, at whom you can customize your starship
- Ensign Obin, from whom you can select which of your starships to use at the moment
- Shalah, from whom you may requisition starship components for energy credits
- Lieutenant Commander Ophlim
- Lieutenant Laurel, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of starships
- Ensign Byarnez, who can provide information regarding the requisitioning of shuttles
Infirmary[edit | edit source]
Requisitions & Exchange[edit | edit source]
This is where players may purchase personal kits and equipment, as well as alter their appearance and costume, for a price. Players will also find the bank, their fleet bank, and the Exchange, where players purchase and sell items with other players.
- Ghemik Telur, a plain, simple tailor who will alter your clothing and your appearance
- Ensign Lessa, from whom you can requisition personal equipment and weapons for energy credits
- Lieutenant Shelby, who provides information about the Gear Upgrade System
- Lieutenant Commander Arut
- The Commodities Brokers Hosa and Fhoss
- Ferengi Collector, who buys Prototype Consoles
- Grym, a Ferengi who gives players the Lobi Crystal tutorial mission “Unlocking the Box”.
- Exchange Officer
- Bank Officer
- Civilian Contractor
- Market Speculator
Operations & Admiral's Office[edit | edit source]
In Operations, which is the location of the Admiral's Office, players can talk to Admiral Quinn and get information on what to do once they're commanding their first vessel.
- Ensign Rraak (Caitian, former cadet and transporter chief on the player's Tutorial Starship)
- Starfleet Liasion [sic]
- Commander Burgess, Starfleet Intelligence officer overseeing military operations along the Klingon front
- Akira Sulu is Admiral Quinn's second-in-command, replacing Commander Samuel Winters
- The Fleet Ambassador, who can help you start or manage your fleet
- The Assignment Officer who answers questions about mission difficulties
- Security Officer, Duty Officer Assignment Giver
- Lt. Commander Elsa Mora, the go-to person for requisitioning bridge officers
- The Bridge Officer Trainer, the person you go to for training your bridge officers
- Commander Balt, who provides you information about ranks, levels, and skill points
- Lieutenant Commander Okret, a former Skill Trainer
- Temporal Agent Philip Crey
- Admiral's Office
- Admiral Quinn is the commanding officer of Earth Spacedock and new players will speak with him frequently to begin and complete new missions
- Linnea, the Admiral's administrative assistant, standing next to him
- Ambassador Jiro Sugihara, helps you in your diplomacy career
- Deferi Ambassador, requesting assistance to retaliate against the Borg's assimilation of Defera
- Romulan Ambassador, requesting assistance colonizing New Romulus
- Civilian Contractor
Club 47 & Rondel[edit | edit source]
- Lounge & Bar
- Waitress, roams freely and provides food & drinks
- Occasional guests (random, non-interactable spawns):
Mezzanine[edit | edit source]
The Mezzanine is an elevated walkway accessible via the turbolifts. It allows an overview over the entire main concourse and shipyard. It offers seating areas, including a 3D-chess table, and is designed as a hang-out and relaxation area. It also contains a memorial plaque, dedicated to deceased Star Trek cast and crew.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”: After rescuing colonists from Vega Colony in early 2409, you are ordered to return to Earth Spacedock to drop off the evacuees and meet with Admiral Quinn.
- “Changing Clothes”, “Skills Trainer”, “Medical Attention”, “Out of Commission”, and “A Difficult Decision”: Beginning at Ensign Rraak, a chain of breadcrumb-missions instructs you to find out more about Earth Spacedock's amenities.
- “Stranded in Space”: Before embarking on your first mission after your turbulent training cruise, you have the option to seek out Malcolm Sissel on Earth Spacedock, who will instruct you on how to undock your ship.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Earth Spacedock is heavily damaged by the Undine during an ambush. Although the attack was merely concerted as a distraction from the Undine's main target, Qo'noS, Admiral Quinn was severely injured and Lieutenant Commander E'genn was exposed as an Undine infiltrator.
- “Blood of Ancients”: The powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants hold a joint briefing on Earth Spacedock to discuss the strategy to combat the Iconians, but the briefing is interrupted by a Herald attack on New Romulus.
- “Midnight”: During the final battle against the Iconians in Earth orbit, Earth Spacedock is badly damaged and the U.S.S. Chimera assists in its evacuation.
Foundry doors[edit | edit source]
In addition to deck 83, Earth Spacedock's deck 47-main area is outfitted with several doors and objects which can be interacted with as part of user-generated content. All of these "Foundry doors" were ported over from the original, pre-Season 9, map.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- In Tales of the War #1, Captain Tom Paris meets with Admiral Jorel Quinn in his office onboard ESD to discuss the formation of Delta Flight. It is also implied that Paris used to be the commanding officer of ESD prior to Quinn.
- In Tales of the War #14, Admiral Quinn records a personal log from his office on ESD. He reflects on the disastrous events of “Broken Circle”, and privately disputes claims that the attack on the Herald Sphere was even a partial victory. He notes that Herald attacks have increased since the attack, and that L'Miren's Heralds are now joining the fight. He notes that while Starfleet had elected to reject the Krenim weapon, he fears that recent events will cause Starfleet Command to reevaluate that decision.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This map replaced the old Earth Spacedock map with the release of Season 9. In the mission “Surface Tension”, which was released along with the redesign, the player fights Undine boarding parties in the destroyed old interior map of the Spacedock, thereby giving somewhat of an in-universe explanation for the map-revamp.
- Following the death of Leonard Nimoy in February 2015, a plaque dedicated to the memory of all deceased cast and crew of the Star Trek franchise was erected in the mezzanine, and black banners were displayed during a week of mourning from March 5 through 12.
- Several hanging lights where added to the main concourse of ESD along with the graphics/lighting update released with Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Spacedock (Earth) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Earth Spacedock at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Season 9 Dev Blog #13 - Redesign of ESD