The Character Status window in Star Trek Online can be accessed by pressing “U” on the keyboard (by default), or by clicking the Character Status icon on the minimap. It displays detailed information about the player character and commissioned Bridge Officers.
Status[edit | edit source]
This tab displays the status of the player character, starship, or Bridge Officer. Here, the player can write a biography, open up the Inventory window, and select their displayed title.
Player Character[edit | edit source]
On the right hand side of the window, the captain's portrait and current loadout is shown including kit modules, shields, weapons and devices.
- Progress: This lists various information on experience, currency and points you have earned, spent, and left available.
- Stats: This outlines the current stats of the captain with everything applied, such as health, critical chance, plasma resist, etc.
- Passives: This lists passive abilities currently applied to the captain.
- Skill-Based Stats Ground: Stats based on selected skills for ground combat.
- Skill-Based Stats Space: Stats based on selected skills for space combat.
- Biography: This displays the biography the player themselves have written for the captain.
Bridge Officers[edit | edit source]
Bridge Officer screens shows the officer's name, rank, faction, career and specialization and race followed by;
- Progress: If the Bridge Officer is below the rank of Commander (or Subcommander for Romulans), this will show the amount of expertise required to level up the officer.
- Stats: This outlines the current stats of the bridge officer with everything applied, such as health, critical chance, plasma resist, etc.
- Passives: This lists passive abilities currently applied to the bridge officer.
- Skills: These sections list the skills the player has slotted for the selected bridge officer
- Biography: This displays the biography the player themselves have written for the bridge officer.
To the right, the officer's loadout which is similar to the captain's load out except for the absence of kit modules and a second weapon.
Starships[edit | edit source]
The screen displays the ship's name, class and a picture. On the right hand side all the ship's current equipment (loadout) is shown by slot. On the lower left four tabs are available;
- Mastery: This section displays the current starship's progress through the Starship Mastery system for ships Tier 5 or above.
- Stats: This section displays the current starship's stats, such as shield strength, with all passives and equipment currently applied.
- Loadouts: This section displays the starship's different Loadout options which the player has saved.
- Visuals: Some starship equipment changes the visuals of the starship. These slots override the visuals of the current equipment to show the visuals of those slotted in this area, without replacing the stats and bonuses offered by the equipment in the actual loadout slot.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Template:Main This tab display's the player's skill tree, broken down into Space, Ground and Specializations.
When a bridge officer is selected, it will show their available skills for ground and space, broken into Ensign, Lt, Lt Commander and Commander. For each of these positions, the screen shows possible skills the officer could be trained in, which the player will need the manuals for. From this screen it is also possible to train the bridge officer in a specialization, which then unlocks new abilities, but for each position they may only have one active at a time.
Space[edit | edit source]
The space skill tree gives a large matrix of powers and buffs which the player can unlock with points obtained with each level of their progression. A captain will not gain enough points to unlock every ability but they can pick skills from any career path. However, the further they progress in a single career path, the more bonuses they can unlock from that track.
Ground[edit | edit source]
This tab display's the player's Skill tree. With fewer ground points gained than space, there are fewer abilities available to unlock. As with Space, not all abilities can be unlocked and bonuses are obtained through progression.
Specialization[edit | edit source]
Template:Main Captain Specializations are unlocked at level 51 and works in a similar way to the other skill point trees. With each level gained the captain gains a specialization point to spend in one of the specialization trees available. They can have one tree active as a primary, and another as a secondary, at any one time but they make unlock every tree entirely.
Traits[edit | edit source]
This tab displays the player character or Bridge Officer's Traits. For captains, they are broken down into different categories according to their type and method of acquisition;
|Section||Area of Impact||Acquisition||Passive or Active|
|Personal Ground Traits||Ground||From traits available to the Captain's species, or from a reward box||Either|
|Personal Space Traits||Space||From traits available to the Captain's species, or from a reward box||Passive|
|Starship Traits||Space||Achieving Starship Mastery of a T6 ship||Passive|
|Space Repuation||Space||Reputation System||Passive|
|Ground Reputation||Ground||Reputation System||Passive|
|Active Reputation||Either||Reputation System||Active|
|Other||Either||Built into species or a special unlock||Passive|
Stations[edit | edit source]
This tab displays the bridge officer stations for the currently active starship and small craft at the top. When a bridge officer has more than one available power for a slot
Reputation[edit | edit source]
Template:Main This tab displays the player character's progress through the Reputation System. On the left it has a tab for each reputation along with the tier the character has reached. The right side shows the details of the selected reputation along with available projects and stores.