Changelings (also known as Founders in relation to their position in the Dominion) are a race of shapeshifters native to the Gamma Quadrant. They are a liquid based lifeform and live joined in the Great Link.
Some Changelings also exist primarily in a humanoid form but have to revert back into liquid form every 16 hours to regenerate. They can shapeshift into nearly any form with practice regardless of its matter type, such as humanoid forms, liquid, fire, fog and even electrial equipment. According to the Female Changeling that was at Facility 4028, changelings are immortal.
Changelings are encountered as hostile NPC as part of Dominion or True Way/New Link ground forces. In their humanoid form, Founders appear light-skinned and have blonde, slicked back hair. They form clothing on their body reminiscent of the uniforms of the Bajoran Miltia.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Tentacle Crush
- Cold Hold Resist
- Energy Hold Resist
- Hold Resist
- Push Back Resistance
- Root Resistance to Gravimetric Shifts
Health[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Vessels[edit | edit source]
Changelings do not have their own vessels, and instead tend to travel on Jem'Hadar ships.
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
- “Jabberwocky”: Players encounter Gul Kardek on Bajor in the mirror universe. When Vedek Krin attempts to stop him, he reveals himself to be a Changeling and attacks the player's away team in his true form.
- “The Factory”: The player assaults a Ketracel White factory in the Devos System and find out that Laas has gathered up the remaining Founders that had been sent to the Alpha Quadrant and deceived them into believing that the Great Link had been destroyed and that the "solids" were bent on exterminating the remaining Changelings.
- “The New Link”: Laas and the other Alpha Quadrant Founders are on Orias III. As the player tries to convince them of his stories being a deception, Laas attacks them, but can eventually be subdued.
- “Of Bajor”: The player and their Away Team must find and defeat a Founder in the holodeck exercise "Contemplating Captains".
- “Facility 4028”: Starfleet agrees to release the Female Changeling from custody so she would order Loriss and Kar'ukan to end their occupation of Deep Space 9.
- “Boldly They Rode”: After Kar'ukan has been defeated, the Female Changeling takes Loriss and the rest of the Jem'Hadar forces "back home" to the Gamma Quadrant.
- “Colony Invasion”: Several Founders are among a Dominion invasion force players must repel from a besieged colony.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- See also: List of Changeling NPCs
- Female Changeling ( “Facility 4028”)
- Kardek (hostile) - can be "looted" to obtain a [Defeated Changeling] ( “Jabberwocky”)
- Laas (hostile) - deceives the New Link and is defeated by the player, but not captured ( “The New Link”)
- 4 unnamed Changelings on Empersa in “Home”.
- Other occurances
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Changeling at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Founder at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Changeling at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Founder at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
True Way Alliance
|Details||True Way Alliance • Cardassian • Alpha Jem'Hadar • Vorta • Changeling • Devos System • New Link • Orias III|
|Ground Forces||Gil • Glinn • Jem'Hadar Soldier • Gul • Jem'Hadar Veteran • Interrogator • Jem'Hadar Elder • Legate • Assault Legate • Founder|
|Starships||Hideki Class • Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (Mob) • Galor Class • Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort • Keldon Class • Jem'Hadar Battleship • Jem'Hadar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Haneri • Kardek • Laas • Lamat'Ukan • Madred • Makkan • Mutak • Neman|
|NPC starships||Axon • Grenivok • Kriger • Torhne|