Borg Transwarp Hub
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Borg Transwarp Hub (also known as a Borg Gateway or simply Gateway) is a gateway system that allows Ships from the Borg Collective to travel beyond traditional warp speeds at near-infinite velocity. It was heavily utilized by the Borg in the Delta Quadrant and allowed the U.S.S. Voyager to return home. The hub allows forces from the Collective to enter the Alpha Quadrant as a means for an invasion route. The ideas, and designs of the Transwarp hub brought back by the U.S.S Voyager, was the inspiration that led to the creation of the Federation and Klingon Transwarp Conduit Networks.
In 2409, the Borg have erected several of these devices in the Beta Quadrant as part of their invasion. Unlike the Transwarp Hubs encountered by Voyager, these hubs are heavily armed and are formidable foes, comparable to most Dreadnought-class starships in terms of firepower and armor. In addition to the Borg ships emerging through them, they are also supported by nanite generators and transformers. These devices serve to regenerate any damage inflicted upon the Transwarp Hub, making it invincible until these support structures are destroyed.
Armament [edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
- “Infected: The Conduit”: Players are tasked with destroying a Borg Transwarp hub in the Sibiran System.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: Players must destroy two Transwarp hubs in the Quadra Sigma System.
- “Butterfly”: In order to correct an alternate timeline created by the Iconian Resistance in a failed attempt to avert the Iconian War, the K.I.S. Annorax fires her temporal weapon on a Borg Transwarp hub that is part of an assimilated Romulus System.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Borg weapons have a firing arc of 360°.
- Maintaining a distance of roughly 9.50 kilometers will allow players to attack Borg Transwarp Hubs while remaining outside the range of its' weaponry.
- An occasional bug will appear wherein it is possible to destroy a Transwarp Hub while the nanite transformer & generator support structures are still present.
|Ground||Risa Floater, Risa Powerboard, Run, Transporter|
|Sub-light||Full Impulse, Impulse Capacitance Cell, Impulse Engine (Impulse Engines), Impulse Expertise|
|Warp||Quantum Slipstream Drive, Sector Space Travel Speed, Warp Core, Warp speed|
|Transwarp||Borg Transwarp Hub, Transwarp, Transwarp Coil, Transwarp Conduit|
|Other||Bajoran wormhole, Iconian gateway, Spore drive, Teleport, “Tour the Galaxy”|