Beta is the Hirogen term for the second-in-command of a Hirogen hunting party. Betas possess many abilities that are designed to paralyze a target and make it more vulnerable to attack. Betas are Commander-level Hirogen mobs and can spawn in place of a Hirogen Stalker.
Armament[edit | edit source]
- [Tetryon Full Auto Rifle]
- Knife: Betas are capable of using rifle butts to clobber foes but sometimes pull out their knives to deal extra Physical damage.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Stun Grenade
- Energy Net: Betas can ensnare a target in an energy net that is functionally similar to the ability Stasis Field but also deals Tetryon damage.
- Hold Resistance
- Knock Resistance
- Push Back Resistance
- Root and Slow Resistance
- Stun Resistance
Health[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Colony Invasion”: Betas are among the Hirogen forces attacking a colony that the players must defend.
- “New Romulus: Mountain Base”: Betas are among the Hirogen helping provide security for a Tal Shiar base on New Romulus.
Missions Formerly Involved[edit | edit source]
- “Hunting the Hunters”: Betas frequent Mylasa IV where several Federation diplomats are held hostage by Alpha Tanjan
- “Ghost Ship”: A Beta is also be part of boarding party ambushing a Starfleet away team on U.S.S. Warwick in the Great Bloom.
- “Trapped”: Aboard the NGC 1218 - Hirogen Ship a Beta engages captured Klingon Warriors until being dealt with by Starfleet forces. In addition, the first officer Beta wears the amor of an Initiate.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Details||Hirogen • Delta Quadrant|
|Ground Forces||Hunter Initiate • Hunter • Tracker • Beta • Stalker • Alpha|
|Starships||Seeker Frigate • Hunter Escort • Apex Battleship • Huntmaster Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Kinn • Koruj • Tarkan|