Benjamin Lafayette Sisko was a Human Starfleet officer who is most famous for his tenure as Commanding officer of Deep Space 9 in the Bajor System from 2369 to 2375. He is the father of author Jake Sisko.
During his earlier career, Sisko fought the Tzenkethi and later the Borg at the Battle of Wolf 359, leading to him participating in the design of the Defiant Class. Shortly after becoming the CO of Deep Space 9, Commander Sisko discovered the Bajoran wormhole and became known to the Bajoran people as the Emissary of the Prophets. Being promoted to Captain, he would later command the U.S.S. Defiant and play a critical role as a Starfleet strategist and front line commander in the Dominion War. At the war's conclusion, Sisko entered the Bajoran Wormhole and joined the Prophets.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Armistice”: At the conclusion of the episode, Kira Nerys and Opaka briefly speak to Sisko via the wormhole.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 2)”: Captain Sisko (or a simulacrum of him) commands the U.S.S. Defiant against a rogue Excalbian Borg Queen simulacrum.
Missions mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Kira mentions Sisko in discussion her duties as Kai.
- “Quark's Lucky Seven”: On seeing a baseball bat on the Iconian ship, Nog and Quark discuss the events of Take Me Out to the Holosuite when Sisko got the crew involved in a baseball game.
Note[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most other canon characters, Sisko is not mentioned in the Path to 2409 at all. Likewise, The Needs of the Many references his disappearance, but makes no mention of whether he returned, though the cutscene at the end of "Armistice" shows that he is still with the Prophets.
- Sisko's Baseball still sits on his old desk in a glass case on DS9.
- Sisko's dialogue in "Armistice" and "Measure of Morality (Part 2)" are pre-recorded voice lines from DS9.
[edit | edit source]
- Benjamin Sisko at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Benjamin Sisko at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.