Apply "Ready to Catch" to self for 30 sec
If Target Plater has the "Read to Catch mode active, both you and they gain +1.5% Bonus All Damage and +5 All Damage Resistance Rating for 600 sec
Baseball is an ancient Earth sport experiencing a recent resurgence in the Federation.
Game description[edit | edit source]
Throw this to another player to start a game of catch!
Target a nearby player with this power to toss them a Baseball. The targeted player will receive a Baseball that they may then throw back at you!
- Target Player Friend
- 5-20 meter Range
- 1 sec activate
- 30 sec recharge
- Toss a Baseball to a Target Player
- Apply "Ready to Catch" to Self for 30 sec
- If Target Player has the "Ready to Catch" mode active, both you and them gain +1.5% Bonus All Damage and +5 All Damage Resistance Rating for 600 sec
Notes[edit | edit source]
This emote, baseball outfits (from the below teams), foods, emotes and other themed items are available to purchase from the Risian Vendor.
Background[edit | edit source]
Baseball was invented on Earth around the 18th century and was a popular sport, notably in the United States, between the 19th and 21st centuries. After that, its popularity declined to a niche sport.
Some popularity was maintained into the 24th century with at least one team present on Cestus III (the Pike City Pioneers). Benjamin Sisko was also a major fan of the game and in 2375 he got the crew of Deep Space 9 to play a game against the crew of the U.S.S. T'Kumbra. (If Wishes Were Horses, Take Me Out to the Holosuite)
Following this, Rom, who really enjoyed the game, talked about it for weeks and put a huge sum of money into a new interstellar baseball league. He even brought a professional team, the Ferenginar Liquidators, however Quark deems them to be no good, citing the fact that they were beaten by the Caitian Claws 18-4 even though they were cheating. Quark discusses this after finding baseball paraphernalia in T'Ket's trophy room. ( “Quark's Lucky Seven”)
In 2389 Jean-Luc Picard helped draft a peace treaty between Klingon Empire and the Gorn Hegemony that was conditional on the Gorn losing a game of baseball against the Pike City Pioneers. (Path to 2409)
Leagues[edit | edit source]
Pennants from the interstellar leagues are hung from the upper level of Deep Space 9 in recognition of its baseball heritage.
- FEDERATION LEAGUE
- Deep Space Nine Niners (Deep Space 9)
- New Berlin Craters (Luna)
- Utopia Planitia Workbees (Mars)
- Shikahr Logicians (Vulcan)
- Jupiter Station Stem Bolts (Jupiter Station, Sol)
- Terra Nova Supernovas (Terra Nova)
- London Kings (Earth)
- Bozeman Titans (Earth)
- MILKY WAY LEAGUE
- Caitian Claws (Lyncis System)
- Pike City Pioneers (Cestus III)
- Ferenginar Liquidators (Ferenginar)
- Orion Buccaneers (Orion System)
- Lake Armstrong Eagles (Luna)
- Andoria Blue Bores (Andoria)
- Deneb V Slime Devils (Deneb V)
- Janus VI Heatwave (Janus VI)
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Baseball at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Baseball at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Milky Way League Baseball Teams - Thomas Marrone (Cryptic artist)