System Description[edit | edit source]
A region of space known for intense plasma storms and gravitational anomalies. The plasma storms make starship navigation in the area extremely difficult, and most captains avoid the area.
In the 2370s, the Maquis used the Badlands as a staging area and hiding place during their campaign against the Cardassian Union. Now the True Way is reviving those tactics in their fight against the Federation.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Spoils of War”: The player is tasked to track down the True Way in the Badlands and recover the stolen Orb of Possibilities.
- “Jabberwocky”: The player uses a portal to the mirror universe discovered in the Badlands to return the Orb of Possibilities to its proper dimension. It is learned that Bajor is now occupied by the Terran Empire and Captain Leeta tries to stop the player.
Battlezone[edit | edit source]
General information[edit | edit source]
Terran forces are invading our universe through weak points in space. Shut down the Terran devices to drive back their forces. Send the Terrans back to their Mirror Universe!
Open Missions[edit | edit source]
Available to players once they reach Level 60, the Badlands Battlezone is divided into nine areas; in each area, players must work to close a portal to the Mirror Universe. Efforts in the Battlezone are coordinated by the U.S.S. Malinche.
There are three types of points which can be captured to advance the Battlezone Ally Control meter:
Power Station[edit | edit source]
- Maintain close proximity to Terran Empire power station and defend it until it is shut down. Shutdown will progress if allied ships outnumber Mirror Universe ships.
Mirror Universe Portal[edit | edit source]
- Shut down three portal generators which are maintaining a portal to the Mirror Universe and defend the portal until it collapses.
Plasma Controller[edit | edit source]
- Destroy Terran Plasma Control station by attacking it directly and disabling nearby backup satellites.
Mirror Fortresses[edit | edit source]
- Each Mirror Fortress is protected by a shield bubble. To take down the shield bubble, players need to disable a power station, portal generator and plasma controller orbiting the station. Once the shielding is down, they can attack the Starbase.
If the players are able to defeat all three starbases within 10 minutes, a Terran Empire fleet, led by the I.S.S. Enterprise, invades the Badlands. Players have 5 minutes to defeat as many Terran Empire ships as possible.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
For each captured point, the highest reward players can receive is: a choice between 10 or 10 + 60 .
Based on how many Mirror bases are defeated, completing the Battlezone will reward the following:
A bonus will be added to the final objective reward based upon the number of points player captured. The point capture credit is stored until the player completes the Battlezone, and then it is reset.
Accolades[edit | edit source]
Following accolades can be obtained in the Badlands Battlezone:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An Alliance fleet attacks an unshielded Mirror Fortress.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Season 11 Dev Blog - Star Trek Online: Badlands Battlezone
- Badlands at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Badlands at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
|Adventure- and Battlezones in Star Trek Online|
||Q's Winter Wonderland (Winter Event)||"Event" faction||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Lohlunat Festival (Summer Event)||"Event" faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Nimbus III||No specific faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Borg Invasion of Defera||Task Force Omega||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Tholian Incursion||Nukara Strikeforce||Season Six: Under Siege|
||New Romulus||New Romulus||Season Seven: New Romulus|
||Solanae Dyson Sphere (incl. Voth Battlezone)||Dyson Joint Command||Season Eight: The Sphere|
||Undine Battlezone||8472 Counter-Command||Season Nine: A New Accord|
||Kobali Prime||Delta Alliance||Delta Rising|
||Badlands Battlezone||Terran Task Force||Season Eleven: New Dawn|
||Tzenkethi Battlezone||Lukari Restoration Initiative||Season Twelve: Reckoning|