Automated Personnel Unit
- For the unrelated Duty Officers, see Automated Personnel Unit duty officers.
Automated Personnel Units (APU) were a type of android constructed in the Delta Quadrant.
Around the early 23rd Century, both the Pralor and the Cravic constructed APUs to fight their war. When the two races reached a peace agreement, they decided to deactivate their APUs. Sensing a threat to their existence, the APUs destroyed their creators then resumed the war they were programmed to fight.
However, the Pralor and the Cravic had designed their APUs with a unique power module that only they could produce. The APU, now free of their creators, could no longer "reproduce". In 2372, B'Elanna Torres of the U.S.S. Voyager considered giving the Pralor APUs technology to reproduce themselves, but ultimately destroyed her work in order to not shift the balance of power between both sides.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Enemies in All the Usual Places”: Player is sent on a patrol throughout the quadrant to try to establish peaceful relations with some of the species U.S.S. Voyager fought against decades earlier.
- “Sakari System Patrol”: In response to a distress call sent by Talaxian freighter Captain Gnex, the player encounters Pralor and Cravic Automated Personnel Units, who both claim cargo with technology enabling them to reproduce themselves. The player can side with either side or none at all, destroying the cargo.
Military[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Automated Personnel Unit at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Automated Personnel Unit at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
Automated Personnel Unit
|Details||Automated Personnel Unit|
|Starships||Cravic APU Frigate • Cravic APU Battleship • Pralor APU Frigate • Pralor APU Battleship|
|NPCs||Automated Personnel Unit Commander (Cravic) • Automated Personnel Unit Commander (Pralor)|
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|