Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Assignment: Recruit Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team
- Civilian x 5
- Critical Success: 5%
- Success: 93%
- Disaster: 2%
"Recruit Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team" is a part of the “Recruit Labor Aid” series of assignments, as well as the final step in the Paradan Colonial Team assignment chain. Available in the Zeta Andromedae and Beta Ursae Sector Blocks only after the completion of “Assist Paradan Colonization Team with Site Survey”, it is one of the few avenues players have for dispensing with bound, civilian duty officers that offers any form of compensation.
Although the system will, by default, offer Colonists and Prisoners to complete this assignment, wise players should probably use this opportunity as a way to get comparatively rare Recruitment commendation points out of bound civilian duty officers they can neither sell on the exchange or convert into a higher quality duty officer. The player's only other option for such duty officers is simple dismissal, which offers no compensation at all. Despite the system's suggestion, it is not actually a good mission for Prisoners or Colonists, since they are comparatively rare and are indispensable for other, more valuable work.
Once completed, the assignment can be repeated indefinitely, so it offers a way to "clean up" the civilian department as players continue to improve their duty officers. It is impossible to fail, since no duty officer traits can increase the probability of disaster or failure.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Paradan colonization team is in need of manual labor for long-term assignment to frontier worlds.
- Any civilians assigned will be permanently lost.
Possible locations[edit | edit source]
Requires[edit | edit source]
- Assignment: Assist Paradan Colonization Team with Site Survey completed.
- 5x Civilian
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using actual "civilian officers" like diplomats and traders — as opposed to prisoners and colonists — dramatically increases your chances of a critical success. Since a critical success is worth around 1800 Recruitment commendation points using mere Green quality duty officers, this assignment is certainly one of the most valuable Recruitment assignments available.
2. Found on the Orias / Algira border (Jan 2019)
3. Found at Santos System, Minos Korva Sector (May 27, 2019 00:30 UTC)