Duty officers can be sent out on assignments which take anywhere between 15 minutes to 5 days (real time, not gameplay time). Assignments require a variety of input items, including a selection of available duty officers/civilians, energy credits, commodities, Tribbles, etc. At the end of the assignment, players may be awarded with combinations of XP, duty officers/civilians, energy credits, commodities, Tribbles, ship/personal equipments, etc. - depending on the outcome of the assignment.
Assignments can be split into two major categories:
- Current Map Assignments, which refresh every 4 hours starting at midnight GMT, and
- Personal Assignments, which refresh every hour at 25m after the hour.
The time remaining for a refresh can be seen on the bottom left of your Assignments window.
- 1 Assignment Rarity
- 2 Assignment Chains
- 3 Commendation Type
- 3.1 Colonial Assignments
- 3.2 Development Assignments
- 3.3 Diplomatic Assignments (FED)
- 3.4 Engineering Assignments
- 3.5 Espionage Assignments
- 3.6 Exploration Assignments
- 3.7 Marauding Assignments (KDF)
- 3.8 Medical Assignments
- 3.9 Military Assignments
- 3.10 Recruitment Assignments
- 3.11 Science Assignments
- 3.12 Trade Assignments
- 4 References
Assignment Rarity[edit | edit source]
- Lowest rewards per mission time and input items
- Higher rewards for same/similar inputs as common assignments
- Can be identified by a Green tint on the assignment snapshot and One Bar on the lower left corner
- Very high rewards for the same/similar inputs as other assignments
- Can be identified by a Blue tint on the assignment snapshot and Two Bars on the lower left corner
- Highest rewards for the same/similar inputs as other assignments
- Can be identified by a Purple tint on the assignment snapshot and Three Bars on the lower left corner
- Note that the rarity of the duty officer assignments reflects the chance to spawn in assignments list but not always how frequently/often is received .
For example Assignment: Prepare Baked Tribble for Captain has a rarity with 1h duration but the chance to receive that assignment again is approximately after 2 days which makes it rare somehow (maybe because of the reward type/quality too).
So the assignments may have an internal server clock/cool-down. After the cooldown is completed you have a chance (Common, Rare, or Very rare) to receive that assignment again. (of course if you are in the same system-assignment-giver).
In other words, you won't receive every hour (or 2 for sector refresh) the same assignment.
Assignment Chains[edit | edit source]
A number of assignments are part of assignment chains, in which each assignment must be completed in sequence to unlock the next assignment in the chain. Most chains have a special reward for completing the entire chain, including titles, items, and duty officers.
This list is stored at Assignment chain; any modifications must be made on that page.
The following chains are currently available:
- Biochemical Investigations (4 steps)
- 6 variations for the different Gamma Quadrant commodities
- Awards special ground consumables
- Biogenic Weaponization (2 steps)
- Klingon faction only
- Caitian Diaspora (10 steps)
- Starfleet only
- Awards unique very rare duty officer
- Unlocks repeatable assignments for quality melee weapons and flight deck officers
- Children's Toys (4 steps)
- Awards Mk XII consoles
- Colonization (7 steps)
- 14 variants for the different Exploration Clusters
- Awards unique rare and very rare duty officers
- Culinary Credentials (5 steps)
- Awards "Chef" and "Master Chef" titles
- Colonial Team (3 steps)
- Consular Authority (4 steps)
- Epohh Raising
- 8 variants, award non combat pets.
- Extreme Bartending (5 steps)
- Awards "Bartender" and "Master Bartender" titles
- Facility 4028 Fugitives (5 steps)
- Gaming Proficiency (4 steps)
- Awards "Strategema Master" title
- Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar (10 steps)
- Awards a unique very rare Cardassian duty officer
- Project Chrysalis (6 steps)
- Awards a unique very rare duty officer
- Tal Shiar Infiltration (4 steps)
- Awards unique duty officers
Commendation Type[edit | edit source]
- Specific inputs: Colonists
- Specific rewards: Colonial CXP, Colonists
- Specific inputs: Commodities
- Specific rewards: Development CXP
- Specific inputs: Energy Credits
- Specific rewards: Diplomatic CXP
- Specific inputs: Prototype Plans, Commodities
- Specific rewards: Engineering CXP, ship/personal equipments, Prototype Plans
- Specific inputs: Astrometric Probes
- Specific rewards: Espionage CXP
- Specific inputs:
- Specific rewards: Exploration CXP, anomalies
- Specific inputs: Medical Supplies, Antigens
- Specific rewards: Medical CXP
- Specific inputs: Medical Supplies, Provisions, Shield Generators
- Specific rewards: Military CXP, Prisoner
- Specific inputs:
- Specific rewards: Recruitment CXP, Bridge Officer Candidates, Junior Officer Cadre, Special Duty Officer
- Specific inputs: Commodities, Shields Battery
- Specific rewards: Science CXP, Data sample (5 for success, 10 for critical success), Particle Trace (only upon critical success)
- Specific inputs: Energy Credits, Gold-Pressed Latinum, Commodities
- Specific rewards: Trade CXP, Energy Credits, Commodities, Contraband
References[edit | edit source]
- Some assignments, such as “Process Unrefined Dilithium”, may be started and collected regardless of whether all assignment slots are in use.
- The most frequently seen assignments that require energy credits are the uncommon “Purchase Prototype” assignments.
- Many Exploration assignments awarding significant (100+) base CXP on Success require at least one duty officer with the Specialization: Research Lab Scientist to be slotted.