Armitage Class Escort Carrier
- For the playable ship, see Heavy Escort Carrier.
The Armitage-class Escort Carrier is an agile carrier used by Starfleet. Created in response to the war with the Klingon Empire, this refit of the Heavy Escort carries state-of-the-art systems and equipment, as well as a hangar for launching Peregrine-class Fighters.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Beams: Fire at Will II
- Cannons: Rapid Fire II
- Cannons: Scatter Volley III
- Launch Peregrine Fighters
- Torpedo Point Defense System
- Point Defense System
- Torpedo: High Yield II
Hull strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Vessels of the class[edit | edit source]
U.S.S. Armitage (default)
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
Named[edit | edit source]
- “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”: The U.S.S. DeWitt leads a Starfleet task force to liberate a captured starbase in the Alhena System.
- “Devil's Choice”: The U.S.S. Akagi helps the Romulan Republic fight off an Elachi invasion fleet in the New Romulus System.
- “Fluidic Destruction”: Vice Admiral Chal Rexx briefs players on the plan to take control of the Undine Battlezone from aboard his flagship, the U.S.S. Cheron.
- “Midnight”: The U.S.S. Akagi is docked in the shipyards in Earth orbit when the Iconians launch an assault on the Sol System. The Akagi and the rest of her battle group join the fight after the player clears Herald vessels from the area and stabilizes the shipyard gantries.
Unnamed[edit | edit source]
Armitage-class Battleships can spawn in any encounter involving one or more Federation battleships. Each one is labelled U.S.S. Armitage by default.
- “Empire Defense Against Federation Spies”: A Federation task force is hiding in the Kahless Expanse. Some of the battleships are Armitage-class Escort Carriers.
- “The Doomsday Device”: A number of Federation starships battle the Planet Killer in the Imaga System.
- Escort Carriers are part of Federation fleets raiding Klingon starbases in:
- “Officer of the Watch (Daily)” (FED): One possible assignment is to escort a battleship carrying a Starfleet dignitary to the starbase.
- “No Win Scenario” (KDF): In Combat Simulation 347, Armitage-class Battleships are among hundreds of Starfleet ships attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “Starbase 234 System Patrol”: A Federation Battleship (either Armitage, Typhoon, or Prometheus-class) makes up the last line of defense the player must defeat before taking on Starbase 234.
- “Broken Circle”: An Armitage Escort Carrier is one of several Alliance vessels sending boarding parties aboard the disabled Iconian flagship; the player must defend it from attacking Herald vessels until the boarding parties have been deployed.