The Aelasans (also known as Aelaseans) are a humanoid Non-player race native to the planet Aelas IV. They are named after a historical figure, King Aelas, who united his people by transforming them from a technologically advanced civilization to a tribal culture.
Physical features[edit | edit source]
Aelasans are a humanoid race. They are differentiated from other species by their pale green skin tone and the comparably large bony structure covering the top and back of their head. The nose features pronounced creases. Male physiognomy differs from the females' facial structure: The osseous helmet also covers the entire forehead and reaches down to the temples at the side of the head. The eyes are comparably small and situated farther apart than in the women's faces. In addition, two pairs of three-fingered tentacles grow downwards from corners of the mouth. The mouth itself is wide and the lips slim. Both sexes have large, dual-pointed ears which appear to be part of the bony head structure. On a female Aelasan's skull this structure is rounded and consist of four pronounced ridges running parallel from the forehead to the neck. Aelasans do not seem to have any hair.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Aelasan follow a tribal hunter-gatherer lifestyle and live in villages. Their buildings are tent-like and consist of wood and leather. Aelasan settlements are protected by copped palisades. The villages and their outposts are connected by plant-free paths. Warriors also work as hunters at the hunting grounds, which can be several miles away from a village. King Aelas is a revered figure and the source of legends derived from past events. He was responsible for the transformation of the technologically advanced society into the modern tribal culture. Aelasans refer to the Klingons as ridged ones. Despite their lifestyle, the Aelasans still possess and use technical devices, such as communicators and historical recordings. They may still have access to other ancient but advanced technologies.
History[edit | edit source]
- In the 22nd century/early 23rd century, the ancient Aelasans were warp-capable spacefarers controlling a powerful empire. Their technological level rivalled the early Federation, the Romulan Star Empire and the Klingon Empire.
- During that time the ancients suffered from infighting and were threatened with destruction. King Aelas then reformed their civilization: They returned to a tribal, largely technology-free lifestyle, only keeping communication devices and records to allow for contact with aliens.
- The Romulans chose not to conquer the topaline-rich world of Aelas IV.
- In 2409 both the KDF, represented by Captain Ja'rod of the I.K.S. Kang, and Starfleet, represented by Fleet Admiral Leonard James Akaar, were invited to meet with the Elder Chief in order to negotiate mining rights for the planet's rich deposits of topaline. At the same time the comet Sky Demon threatened the planet and the Chief Elder decided to have the two factions compete for the resources. A Starfleet ship succeeded in the destruction of the comet, earning the Aelasans' gratitude and friendship as well as the rights to mine the topaline.
Politics[edit | edit source]
Aelasans have a hierarchical structure. Leader of a tribe is the Elder Chief. This position is hereditary and a female heir is referred to as princess. After Starfleet destroyed the Sky Demon comet, the Aelasans agreed to supply the Federation with topaline. Admiral T'nae even considers future membership in the Federation possible.
Military[edit | edit source]
- Warriors (mentioned only)
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “Saturday's Child”: Klingons and Starfleet compete for the right to mine topaline on Aelas IV. With the destruction of a dangerous comet, the Federation eventually gains their gratitude and friendship.