Adet'pa (previously known by many names including "Agent Qlb", and "The Witch of Nimbus III") is a Klingon officer serving as First Officer and later Captain of the I.K.S. Kor under General Kurn. Following the Hur'q attack on Bajor, she accompanies Martok and Kurn to Deep Space 9. She is later revealed to have been hiding as a member of House Mo'Kai under J'Ula. Assuming a mysterious identity, she serves as a guide to Klingon players during the Klingon Recruitment Event.
Missions given[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “End of Watch” (Klingon Recruits): Assuming a mysterious voice and identity, Adet'pa contacts the player to retrieve an [Encrypted Klingon Receiver] from a nearby console on the Tutorial Starship that she would use to contact them throughout their recruitment.
- “Manhunt” (Klingon Recruits): Adet'pa authorizes the player to defeat Kurdal on Rura Penthe immediately as they begin questioning prisoners.
- “Bringing Down the House” (Klingon Recruits): When the player enters the second locker room while searching for M'ven on Forcas III, Adet'pa authorizes them to defeat Uljun.
- “The House Always Wins” (Klingon Recruits): When entering Torg's throne room in his stronghold on Gorath, Adet'pa authorizes the player to defeat Be'nl.
- “Blood of the Empire” (Klingon Recruits): During the Fek'Ihri invasion of First City, Adet'pa authorizes the player to defeat S'srth near the targ breeding pit in the Forge.
- “Destiny” (Klingon Recruits): Adet'pa authorizes the player to defeat muHwi' while they are onboard the I.K.S. Batlh.
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Adet'pa can be consulted at the Alliance summit. She warns the Dominion that any acts of aggression will be met with deadly force.
- “The Khitomer Discord”: After Aakar retreats and J'Ula explains the situation, Adet'pa beams down to the surface of Khitomer System to aid the player, Martok and J'Ula in escaping the lower levels, revealing to Martok her loyalty to J'Ula and stating that she knew of J'mpok's dishonor the entire time. For Klingon Recruits, a cutscene plays as she reveals herself as the mysterious identity whom they were contacted by onboard the Tutorial Starship. She engages and defeats Klingon forces sent by J'mpok led by Captain Ja'rod. After J'mpok launched a mycelial weapon on Khitomer, Adet'pa and Martok aid the player in rescuing survivors from the mycelial wave while they head to the transporter room. The player protects her as she gets the transporter running before beaming up to their ships. In orbit commanding the I.K.S. Kor, Captains Kagran, Va'Kel Shon and Koren warped in where J'mpok silenced the player before they could explain the situation and dishonorably accuses them of betraying the Alliance and joining House Mo'Kai. Following the ensuing battle, J'Ula informs the player to lie low and wait for Adet'pa's signal to take action when the time its right.
- “Partisans”: After discovering a way to clear their accusations for the attack on Khitomer, Adet'pa contacts the player and Martok to meet her at the bar in Shangdu of Nimbus III. She first introduces the player to Captain Varh , Kinyah and Wilkins of the Coldstar who would assist them throughout the mission. She then aids in battling the ambush of J'mpok's and Madran's forces at the bar and in the arena respectively. She later follows the player to the Gorath System on board the Kor, where J'Ula has engaged more of J'mpok's forces, and remains in orbit while the player, Martok and J'Ula beam down to the arena. Finally, she aids the player in defending the I.K.S. Lukara against J'mpok's flagship, the I.K.S. Kri’stak, and his forces while Wilkins works on broadcasting the evidence. However, despite clearing their names and everyone in the system learning the truth about J'mpok's attack on Khitomer, the various Klingon Houses lost trust of the Empire and returned to their own homes. The mission ends with Adet'pa informing the player that the outcome has taken a toll on J'Ula, but with their names cleared, they are free to roam within the Empire.
- “Knowledge is Power”: Adet'pa contacts the player to meet J'Ula, Martok and herself in the Boreth System, where they first defeat KDF forces. The player remains overwatch in orbit while the latter three beam down to meet the monks. Addressing her as Captain Adet'pa, Tenavik guides J'Ula throughout the trials while she and Martok aid in defeating Aakar and other KDF forces on the surface. She joins the player in orbit in defeating Aakar's flagship and his reinforcements. She debriefs the player at the end of the mission about the trials and the next goal in seeking out L'Rell's soul.
- “Leap of Faith”: Adet'pa contacts the player again, this time requesting them to join the mission on Boreth to seek out the soul of L'Rell in Gre'thor. While the player, J'Ula and Martok lit the incense to enter Gre'thor, she remains with Tenavik to keep watch of their life signs. When they return with L'Rell reborn, Adet'pa beams up with the player and Martok to defeat Fek'Ihri ships. Adet'pa updates over comms of incoming Klingon ships joining the battle after L'Rell launches her new flagship and sends a call to all Klingons throughout the galaxy. With a united Klingon force, they manage to defeat the Fek'lhri dreadnought and save Boreth, celebrating their victory in the end.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Tale of the Witch": Rodek and his wife, B'irja, travel to Nimbus III in search of Adet'pa, a Klingon woman known locally as a "witch." They discover the cave she lives in, and she invites them inside for a meal. Adet'pa correctly deduces that they have sought her out to learn the truth behind J'mpok's duel with Martok in 2393. She reveals that Torg intervened after J'mpok delivered what should have been the killing blow, taking Martok prisoner and maintaining him in a near-death state. Torg did this in order to install J'mpok as Chancellor; later, he would undermine J'mpok and assume the role himself, with the ultimate goal of establishing himself as a new Emperor. Adet'pa had been discredited and exiled to prevent her from sharing her knowledge of these events. She tells Rodek and B'irja that she will tell them where Martok is being kept, if they agree to bring her back to Klingon space and arrange for asylum within the House of Martok.
- "The Ascendant": Adet'pa approaches J'Ula, revealing she has been in hiding as a member of House Mo'Kai. She pledges to join J'Ula's ranks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adet'pa can be found on Deep Space 9 - she is only visible to players who have completed “Brushfire”.
- Adet'pa model was revamped with Season Twenty: House Divided as part of the Year of Klingon updates. This changed her appearance to to be closer to Rekha Sharma, who took over as the character's voice actor at the same time.
- In “The Khitomer Discord” and her subsequent appearances, she is shown wielding a dual version of The Butcher's Mek'leth, possibly as a reference to her asylum in the House of Martok.
- As of “The Khitomer Discord” and its subsequent missions, the Kor is commanded by Adet'pa. It is revealed in “Knowledge is Power” that she has been promoted to captain as addressed by Tenavik.
[edit | edit source]
Klingon Defense Force
|Details||Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Klingon • Gorn • Orion • Nausicaan • Lethean • Ferasan • Great House • Qo'noS • Klingon Academy • Rura Penthe • Boreth • Ganalda Station|
|Ground Forces||War Targ • Bekk • Warrior • Officer • Munitions Officer • Targ Handler • Swordmaster • Dahar Master|
|Starships||To'Duj Fighter • Bird-of-Prey (Prime Timeline) • Bird-of-Prey (Kelvin Timeline) • Raptor Escort • Klingon Battle Cruiser • Negh'Var Warship • Vo'Quv Dreadnought • Bortasqu' Dreadnought Battlecruiser|
|NPCs||B'vat • Galera • J'mpok • Ja'rod • Jurlek • K'Gan • K'men • K'Valk • Kagran • Kahless • Koren • Martok • Nin'Yan • Rodek • Alexander Rozhenko • Sirella • Temek • Torg • Worf|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Batlh • I.K.S. Bortasqu' • I.K.S. Chot • I.K.S. Kal'Ruq • I.K.S. Kang • I.K.S. Kor • I.K.S. Kri’stak • I.K.S. Lukara • I.K.V. Quv • I.K.S. Seg'pa • I.K.S. Rotarran • I.K.S. Targ • I.K.S. Worvig|