Ability: Viral Matrix
Overview[edit | edit source]
Viral Matrix is a Science Bridge Officer space ability. It almost completely shuts down an enemy starship by randomly shutting down multiple enemy subsystems. This ability is very useful for crowd control or disabling a powerful enemy.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Viral Matrix launches a probe that flies to the target and then shuts down its systems, effectively holding it in place. The target is highly resistant to holds for a short duration after this effect expires.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Foe
- System: Sensor Probes
- Ability Type: Hold
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Range: 10km; 135' targeting arc
- Shares cooldown with:
- Duplicate Ability Cooldown:
- Modified by:
- Trained By:
- Countered By:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant Commander||60 sec||
|Rank II: Commander||60 sec||
|Rank III: Commander||60 sec||
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- The Debuff can be cleared with Engineering Team , although reprocs caused by doffs can still reappear.
- The duration of subsystem disables, caused by this ability, can be cut down by skilling into Control Expertise.
- Formula for Duration (@Level 60):
- Rank I: Duration = 0.027*Skill + 4.5
- Rank II: Duration = 0.038*Skill + 6.7
- Rank III: Duration = 0.046*Skill + 8.95
Gallery[edit | edit source]