Ability: Torpedo: High Yield
Overview[edit | edit source]
Torpedo: High Yield upgrades the next torpedo attack to fire a salvo of torpedoes at a single target. Each rank will fire one additional torpedo in the salvo (Rank 1 fires two torpedoes, Rank 2 fires three, and Rank 3 fires four). Some torpedoes (all Tricobalt-based, some Reputation/Lobi, and all Plasma Torpedos) will fire a single, highly destructive, 'heavy' torpedo. With the exception of the Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo, all 'heavy' torpedoes (denoted as 'heavies') move significantly slower than normal torpedoes, and can be destroyed in mid-flight.
In most cases, torpedoes that have a percent chance to generate a secondary effect will have a 100% chance to generate said secondary effect under this firing mode. Most notable is the Gravimetric Photon Torpedo, which has a 33% chance to create a Gravimetric Rift in single shot mode and under Torpedo: Spread, but 100% chance to generate a Gravimetric Rift when launched under High Yield.
The following projectiles are unaffected by this ability:
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Tactical
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: High Yield torpedo improves your next torpedo attack. Photon, Quantum, Transphasic and Chroniton torpedo launchers fire a salvo of torpedoes. Plasma launchers fire a single, slow moving and destructible heavy torpedo that does massive damage.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- System: Torpedoes
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: 0.6 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Starts 15 second cooldown on:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 15 seconds
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Bridge Officer Trainer (Rank I, Rank II)
- 7 Skill Points in Tactical (Rank III)
- Subspatial Warheads - Cause an Isolytic Tear to form near the damaged target. This anomaly will chase down the nearest foe, causing physical damage and draining engine subsystem power to any enemies it encounters.
- Torpedo Barrage - Enables Torpedo: High Yield I after launching a Torpedo: High Yield attack
- Nullifier Warheads - when you use a torpedo firing mode: Spawns eight Nullifiers around your ship.
- Ceaseless Momentum - Firing any Torpedo Grants a Stacking 5% Bonus Kinetic Damage and Damage resistance for 45 seconds (Stacks 5 times) -1 sec to torpedo recharge.
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||30s||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||30s||
|Rank III: Lt Commander||30s||