We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Ability: Torpedo: Spread
Overview[edit | edit source]
Torpedo: Spread upgrades the next torpedo attack to acquire N number of targets available within the firing arc, and fire N-1 number of that specific torpedo type per target. Example:
Rank 1 - Up to THREE targets acquired in firing arc, with TWO torpedoes for each target.
Rank 2 - Up to FOUR targets acquired in firing arc, with THREE torpedoes for each target.
Rank 3 - Up to FIVE targets acquired in firing arc, with FOUR torpedoes for each target.
NOTE: In-game animations may display more torpedoes for each target. Actual combat mechanics follow the above listing for damage calculations.
- The notable exceptions to this rule are: Neutronic Torpedo. This is a special Reputation Quantum Torpedo that follows the acquisition rule above, but launches ONE, TWO, or THREE torpedoes per target. Tricobalt Torpedoes & the Temporal Disruption Device also follow the target acquisition rule above, but launch only ONE torpedo per target. These are considered as 'heavies' that can be destroyed in mid-flight (Reference Torpedo: High Yield for details).
Contrary to the description in game, this is not technically an AoE (Area of Effect) attack, as it does not affect an area so much as attack a fixed number of additional targets inside the firing arc. However, it can affect the Area of Effect damage of torpedoes which have an AoE component or a secondary proc, such as Tricobalt Torpedoes, Gravimetric Photon Torpedo, Neutronic Torpedo, Quantum Phase Torpedo, Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo, Resonant Transphasic, and any other torpedo that has a secondary effect or blast radius.
The following projectiles are unaffected by this ability:
Basic information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Tactical
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Spread improves your next torpedo attack. Launches multiple projectiles in a spread pattern that damage all targets in a large area around the target.
Detailed information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- System: Torpedoes
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: 0.6 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Starts 15 second cooldown on:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 15 seconds
- Modified by:
- Starship Traits
- Nullifier Warheads - when you use a torpedo firing mode: Spawns eight Nullifiers around your ship.
- Entwined Tactical Matrices- When activating Torpedo Spread:Applies Fire at Will I and Scatter Volley I to self
- Ceaseless Momentum - Firing any Torpedo Grants a Stacking 5% Bonus Kinetic Damage and Damage resistance for 45 seconds (Stacks 5 times) -1 sec to torpedo recharge.
- Trained by:
- Bridge Officer Trainer (Rank I, Rank II)
- Rare and Very Rare Bridge Officer Candidates (Rank III)
- Rank III is available from the Jem'Hadar Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate, as a reward from the mission Facility 4028 (Dominion Domination). Also available from the Android Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate (700 day Veteran Reward, claimable at Earth Spacedock for Federation, or First City for KDF) or
- 17 Skill points in Tactical.
Ability ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||30s||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||30s||
|Rank III: Lt Commander||30s||
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An Exploration Cruiser is hit by a Plasma Torpedo Spread.
The I.K.S. Tor'Dun firing a Photon Torpedo Spread.