Ability: Tachyon Inversion Beams
Overview[edit | edit source]
Tachyon Inversion Beams is a cone shield steal ability available when in Regenerative Mode on a Veteran Heavy Destroyer equipped with its [Console - Universal - Dynamic Tactical System] or [Console - Universal - Enhanced Dynamic Tactical System].
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Any
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Tachyon Inversion Beams fires multiple Anti-Tachyon Beams to multiple targets in front of your ship. Like a standard Tachyon Beam, these beams will drain the targets[sic] shields. Unlike a standard Tachyon Beam, Tachyon Inversion Beams will transfer some of that drained shield energy directly to your own shields - effectively repairing your own shield damage. Each target drained increases your own shield repair.
Tachyon Inversion Beams is not available when Tactical Mode is active.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by:
- Target: Foe (5 max)
- System: Deflector Dish
- Ability Type: Shield Drain
- Activation: ?
- Range: 10 km; 90" targeting arc; 90 degree Cone
- Duration: ?
- Recharge Time: 2 min
- Modified by:
- Starship Auxiliary Power Level - Increases drain per pulse
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
- Warp Theorist - Adds a turn rate debuff effect.
- Shield Distribution Officer - Tachyon Beam gains a chance to knock the opponent's nearest Shield Facing offline for a short duration.
- Research Lab Scientist - Tachyon Beam pulls your target closer to you.
- Starship Trait - Enhanced Power Condensers (Rezreth) - Provides you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time when using Tachyon Beam and certain other powers.
- Starship Trait - Greedy Emitters (Nandi) - gives a buff which grants immunity to energy drain, reduces energy weapons power usage, and increases your subsystem power levels for 10 seconds when using Tachyon Beam and certain other powers.
- Starship Trait - Improved Tachyon Beam (Geneva) - Adds AoE shield heal for 20 allies within 10km of target.
- Starship Trait - Tachyon Dispersal (Sutherland) - significantly reduce the target's shield hardness and AOE damage
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
- The above is @ 100 Aux 100 Drain Expertise.
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- As shown above, this ability is affected by traits and doffs that affect Tachyon Beam.
- If the target you activate the ability on dies, or channeling is otherwise interrupted, the beams will cease draining from all targets.