Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ability: Tachyon Beam
Overview[edit | edit source]
Tachyon Beam drains an enemy starship's shields.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Tachyon Beam drains the target's shields. It increases in effectiveness based on current auxiliary power level.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Foe
- System: Deflector Dish
- Ability Type: Shield Drain
- Activation: 0.83 sec
- Range: 10 km; 135' targeting arc
- Duration: approx 5 sec
- Recharge Time: 20 sec
- Modified by:
- Starship Auxiliary Power Level - Increases drain per pulse
- Character Level
- Duty officers
- Starship Trait
- Enhanced Power Condensers (Rezreth) - Provides you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time when using Tachyon Beam and certain other powers.
- Greedy Emitters (Nandi) - gives a buff which grants immunity to energy drain, reduces energy weapons power usage, and increases your subsystem power levels for 10 seconds when using Tachyon Beam and certain other powers.
- Improved Tachyon Beam (Geneva) - Adds AoE shield heal for 20 allies within 10km of target.
- Tachyon Dispersal (Sutherland) - significantly reduce the target's shield hardness and AOE damage
- Trained by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||20s||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||20s||
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||20s||
- The above is @ 100 Aux 0 Drain Expertise.