Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ability: Sensor Analysis
Overview[edit | edit source]
Sensor Analysis is an active toggle ability of Federation Science Vessels, Klingon Support Vessels, the Odyssey Science Cruiser and the Bortasqu' Command Cruiser. It is also present on the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer. While maintaining a Sensor Lock on a target, the player gains a stacking effect that either improves damage and power drain against an enemy, or improves any heal directed towards an ally.
When you use Sensor Analysis on a target, it produces an effect that stacks every 3 seconds, to a maximum of 6 stacks after 18 continuous seconds. To maintain the desired effect, the player must then hold sensor lock.
- When targeting allies, the ability becomes a healing buff that grants a 5% buff to all heals, shield & hull, per stack; the maximum amount that one player can grant is +30% (5% x 6 stacks). (Note: you cannot target yourself)
- Against enemies, the ability becomes a two-fold debuff. With every stack, your target receives +5% bonus damage & power drain (meaning they get a damage resistance debuff and energy drain resistance debuff); the maximum value is +30% (5% x 6 stacks). When the enemy target reaches 6 stack maximum, they also receive an additional 50% healing reduction to all of their incoming heals.
The lock gained through Sensor Analysis can be stopped through a number of different ways. The player may simply choose to break the lock, putting the ability on a 5 second cooldown. The target may exit the 10 km sensor radius; the target could also use a Placate ability, such as Ability:_Jam_Sensors.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: (As of Season 9) Science Vessels use their advanced sensor arrays to scan their target, gaining a buff to their Weapon Damage and Subsystem Targeting vs. a targeted foe, or to their [Hull] Healing and Shield Healing vs. a targeted ally. The buff improves every 3 seconds, to a maximum stack of 6, as long as your target remains within sensor range (10 km).
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Ally/Foe (Not Self)
- System: N/A
- Ability Type: Buff/Debuff
- Activation: 0 seconds
- Cooldown: 5 seconds
- Range: 10km
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Deactivation (Toggle, Placate)
- Modified by:
- This ability cannot be modified
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Season Nine, Sensor Analysis was a passive ability of Federation, Klingon and Romulan Science Vessels. While maintaining a target selection lock on an enemy less than 10km away, the Science Vessel obtained a stacking damage and drain ability buff against the targeted foe. The buff improved all damage and power drain abilities used against the enemy target by 3.33% for every 6 seconds the target lock was maintained. The buff stacked up to 10 times for a total of 33.3% of all damage and drain ability effectiveness after 60 seconds of maintaining the target lock. The Science Vessel lost the Sensor Analysis buff if the target broke 10km or if the Science Vessel lost the target lock in some other way.
|Carrier and Flight-Deck Starship||Carrier commands|
|Science-based Starship||Sensor Analysis • Subsystem Targeting|
|Romulan Warbird||Singularity Core abilities|
|Jem'Hadar Vanguard Starship||Vanguard Wingmen|
|Intel Starship||Gather Intelligence • Warp Signature Masking|
|Pilot Starship||Pilot Maneuvers|
|Temporal Starship||Molecular Reconstruction|
|Miracle Worker Starship||Innovation Effects|
|Specific Starships||Cloaking Types: Cloak • Cloak of T'Kuvma • Romulan Cloak • Battle Cloak • Romulan Battle Cloak• Scimitar Battle Cloak • Enhanced Battle Cloak|
Phaser Spinal Lance • Javelin • Plasma Spinal Lance • Chroniton Lance • Gravitic Lance
Improved Hull Regeneration • Long Range Sensor Masking • Energy Distributor
Tactical Mode • Siege Mode • Launch Support Craft • Transwarp • Deploy Consumption Array
See also: Starship Separation