Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ability: Science Team
Overview[edit | edit source]
Science Team is a shield repair and science debuff cleansing ability. It does not scale with Auxiliary power and has lower global and basic cooldown, compared to other shield healing abilities.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Science Team repairs shield damage for your own ship or an ally and removes any science debuff for the duration. Can be activated even if you are held or disabled.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Bridge Officers
- Target: Friend and Self
- System: Crew
- Ability Type: Heal, Cleanse
- Activation: 1.0 seconds
- Range: 10km
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 15 seconds
- Modified by:
- Shield Restoration
- (Improves Shield Healing)
- Shield Restoration
- Duty Officer
- Trained by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign
(in Tier 1 ship)
|Rank II: Lieutenant
(in Tier 2 ship)
|Rank III: Lt Commander
(in Tier 3 ship)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The numbers given above are based on 0 points in the Starship Shield Restoration skill.
- The heal provided by Science Team depends heavily on three factors.
- Originally, using any team ability (Science Team, Engineering Team, and Tactical Team) would cause a 15 second shared cooldown on other team abilities. This shared cooldown was removed in the patch released on March 6th, 2014. Now, using Science Team will only start a self cooldown as well as a duplicate cooldown on any other Science Team ability the player may have, but Engineering Team and Tactical Team will be unaffected.
- Fractional points in skills, which do not show in the Star Trek Online interface, will affect the formula below. This may cause the formula to be lower than the value displayed in the game. Items such as Threat-Scaling Science Consoles will contribute to this.
- Formula for Heal
- Heal = ((Ship Tier + 4) / 2) * ((Ability Rank + 2) / 3) * ((Skill / 200) + 1) * 450
- Usage: It can also be used as a counter to many debilitating science debuffs such as Jam Sensors. Example: NPC 1 (Or Player 1) activates Jam sensors to Player 2. Player 2 seeing the signs of Jam sensors (target vanishes and sparkles around player 1 ship) activates Science Team to clear the science debuff and NPC/Player 1 is once again visible.