Ability: Scattering Field
From Star Trek Online Wiki
Overview[edit | edit source]
Scattering Field is a space ability available to Science players when they reach Commander grade 8 rank. It gives you and your nearby allies a strong boost to your energy damage resistance for a short time.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession Science
- Locale Space
- Game Description Scattering Field gives you and your nearby allies a strong boost to your energy damage resistance.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Player
- Target: Self and Allies
- System: Deflector Field
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: 0.5 secs
- Range: 3 km
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lt. Commander||180s||-||
|Rank II: Commander||180s||-||
|Rank III: Captain||180s||-||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player's current auxiliary power level determines how large a damage resistance buff occurs. The numbers given above are based on 50 aux power.
- The damage resistance buff provided by all ranks of the ability are the same. The only difference is how long the effect lasts.
- The damage resistance buff stacks with other damage resistance abilities, items and effects. In addition, it stacks with other Scattering Field activations. So, two (or more) science players can both activate Scattering Field and, as long as they remain within 3km of each other, the damage resistance from both activations will be added together.
- This ability used to be called "Starship Dampening Field" until the December 6th, 2011 patch.
- Formula for Damage Resistance Buff
- Buff = (Aux Power + 49.95) * 17 / 30
Damage Resistance[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]