Ability: Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak
Overview[edit | edit source]
Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak is a player-only ability available only on a select few Romulan Republic starships. It allows the player to cloak during combat and vastly increases survivability although has to be used with caution as it will remove your shields. As the player cloaks, any weapons that were already firing on you will continue to do so, such as cannon weapons or beam weapons, and also any projectiles that were in mid-flight will hit. All of this damage goes straight to your hull.
Although specifically called a Battle Cloak, players can still use this ability out-of-combat as they would a normal cloak. This is a toggle ability and will not remove itself even if the player attempts to fire at a target. To remove the cloak once it's active, click on the Battle Cloak ability in your hotbar again. Players can use all abilities while cloaked which is very valuable as it allows you to come straight out of cloak pre-buffed.
Enemy players in PvP can remove this ability by using their own scanning abilities. Others players can also detect you if you move too close to them. Friendly players will still be able to see you in a cloaked state and also at distance.
The enhanced battle cloak allows it to fire torpedoes and deploy mines as well as use most Captain and Bridge officer abilities, by momentarily decloaking and then automatically recloaking.
This ability can be found on the following starships:
- T'varo Light Warbird Retrofit
- Fleet T'varo Light Warbird Retrofit
- Faeht Intel Warbird
- Malem Light Warbird
- Fleet T'varo Light Warbird
- Fleet Faeht Intel Warbird
- T'liss Temporal Warbird
- T'liss Legendary Light Intel Warbird
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Enhanced Battle Cloak can be activated in combat, and allows torpedoes, mines, and most Bridge Officer and Captain abilities to be activated while the Cloak is active. When attacking foes, or healing/buffing allies, the ships cloak will drop for a few seconds, leaving the ship momentarily exposed with the shields down. The Cloak will not drop if you heal/buff yourself, or if an ally heals or buffs you, but it will disengage if you interact with an object or contact.
When initially activating the Cloak, your shields will drop for a few seconds before the Cloak fully engages. Immediately after decloaking, you will have a short duration damage bonus.
The strength of the cloak is determined by your starship's auxiliary power setting.
Your ship is easier to detect while cloaked if your Singularity power is high.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- Attack Type: N/A
- Ability Type: Buff, Toggle
- Activation: 1.00 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Not trainable (innate ability)
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- This ability's numerical figures vary depending on your current starship, rank/grade, skills and Auxiliary power level.
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Carrier, Dreadnought||Carrier commands|
|Raider, Scout Ship||Raider Flanking|
|Science-based starship||Sensor Analysis • Subsystem Targeting|
|Romulan Warbird||Singularity Core abilities|
|Jem'Hadar Vanguard ship||Vanguard Wingmen|
|Intel starship||Gather Intelligence • Warp Signature Masking|
|Pilot starship||Pilot Maneuvers|
|Temporal starship||Molecular Reconstruction|
|Miracle Worker starship||Innovation Effects|
|Specific starships||Cloaking: Cloak • Cloak of T'Kuvma • Battle Cloak • Enhanced Battle Cloak • Dark Mode|
Romulan Cloak • Romulan Battle Cloak • Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak • Scimitar Battle Cloak
Phaser Spinal Lance • Javelin • Plasma Spinal Lance • Chroniton Lance • Gravitic Lance • Juggernaut Array
Improved Hull Regeneration • Long Range Sensor Masking • Energy Distributor • Automated Defense Screens
Tactical Mode • Siege Mode • Launch Support Craft • Transwarp • Deploy Consumption Array • Swarm Mode
See also: Starship Separation