Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ability: Reverse Shield Polarity
Overview[edit | edit source]
Reverse Shield Polarity creates an "immunity" against energy based weapons over a period of time by converting the incoming energy damage into shield regeneration.
The energy weapon immunity is very helpful when being attacked from all sides. However, the extremely long cooldown coupled with the relatively short duration only makes it useful for emergency situations. It is advised to either use the period of immunity to relocate to a better position, or to reduce the number of threats.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Engineering
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Reverse Shield Polarity converts incoming energy weapon damage into additional shield health. The polarity shift also makes you immune to teleportation.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Bridge Officers
- Target: Self
- System: Shields
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: 0.5 seconds
- Starts 15 second cool down on:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 1 min
- Modified by:
- Shield Restoration - This skill increases the amount of shields restored by your outgoing healing abilities.
- Duty Officer
- Starship Trait
- Explosive Polarity Shift - Kinetic Damage (100% Shield Penetration) to foes within 3 km.
- Trained by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||2 Min||
|Rank II: Lt. Commander||2 min||
|Rank III: Commander||2 min||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Numbers for ability power are base values taken from tooltips and are heavily modified by skills.
The formula for the duration is:
Duration=(((-.5*Ability Rank^2)+6.5*Ability Rank+9)/15*(Skill/200+2)*3.75 + bonus duration from duty officer)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Reverse Shield Polarity activation on a Nihydron Destroyer