Ability: Polarize Hull
Overview[edit | edit source]
Polarize Hull is a Science Bridge Officer space ability. It increases the player's energy damage resistance while breaking tractor beams.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Polarize Hull provides great damage resistance and immunity to tractor beams. Increases in effectiveness based on current auxiliary power level.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Self
- System: Hazard
- Ability Type: Cleanse & Buff
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Range: N/A
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 30 seconds
- Modified by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||45 sec||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||45 sec||
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||45 sec||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The numbers given above are based on 123 Auxiliary power.
- "Polarized hull plating" is a technique used on occasion in Star Trek canon. This technique was used in the 22nd Century exclusively by various warp capable species as the primary defensive measure against energy based attacks. Later on after deflector based shielding was invented, it was used as escape from Tractor Beams or covering/exposing starship position.
- The amount of damage resistance buff depends exclusively on the ability rank and the player's current Auxiliary power level.
- Formula for Resistance Buff
- Rank I = (Aux Power + 49.95) * (55 / 150)
- Rank II = (Aux Power + 49.95) * (73 / 150)
- Rank III = (Aux Power + 49.95) * (80 / 150)
|Aux||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Close up of Polarize Hull on a Wells Temporal Science Vessel.