We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Ability: Ionic Turbulence
Overview[edit | edit source]
Ionic Turbulence creates a hazardous cloud at the targeted location. Foes caught in this hazardous area will have their damage resistance reduced, as well as their movement capabilities. Additionally, lingering in the cloud has a chance to cause affected ships to briefly spin out of control, holding them in place.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Intelligence
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Create an area of ionic turbulence which interferes with the movement of enemy vessels. While within the turbulence, and for several seconds after leaving it, foes will find the inertia rating of their ship decreased, making it more difficult to start and stop. They will also take more damage from all sources while debuffed. If they remain within the turbulence, they will periodically have a chance to be thrown out of control. There is an immunity period for any target thrown out of control, during which they cannot suffer the effects again. This immunity period is 10 seconds for NPCs and 20 seconds for players.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Enemy
- Ability Type: Targeted AoE Debuff, Slow and Hold
- Activation: Instant
- Range: 10 Km
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self 30 Sec
- Modified by:
- Specialization: Warp Theorist - on activating Ionic Turbulence, 40% chance: +10 Control Expertise skill for 20 sec
- Trained by:
- Rank I & II: Bridge Officer Trainer
- Rank III: Captain Training
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||1 min||
|Rank II: Lt. Commander||1 min||
|Rank III: Commander||1 min||
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- Lockout/Immunity period from affected by "Out of Control"(this is a Hold effect) is 10 seconds. This effect cannot be resisted or prevented via immunity. (Release notes/20141030)
- If caught in an Ionic Turbulence cloud, you will receive a maneuverability and damage resistance debuff. These effects can be removed with the use of Hazard Emitters, but leave the area to ensure no reapplication by the Ionic Turbulence Cloud.