Ability: Gravity Well
From Star Trek Online Wiki
Overview[edit | edit source]
Gravity Well is a Science Bridge Officer space ability. It creates a gravity well that draws nearby enemies in while causing minor damage.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Gravity Well creates a spatial anomaly at the target's location that draws enemies to its center and gradually crushes their ships, inflicting kinetic damage. The closer the target is the event horizon, the greater the pull. Graviton Generators skill slightly improves the gravitational pull while also improving the area affected by the anomaly. The damage inflicted by this effect is improved by your Particle Generators skill as well as your current auxiliary power.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Dead or alive foe
- System: Deflector Dish
- Ability Type: Hazard
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Range: 10km range; 135' targeting arc
- Starts 15 second cooldown on:
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 40 seconds
- Modified by:
- Subsystems power level
- Duty Officer
- Gravimetric Scientist (Gravity Well variant) (Chance to create aftershock Gravity Wells)
- Gravimetric Scientist (Exotic Damage Cooldown variant) (Chance to reduce cooldowns on exotic damage abilities by 10 seconds)
- Deflector Officer (Chance to reduce the recharge time for Deflector abilities)
- Matter-Antimatter Specialist (Chance to knock affected foes' Engines offline for 1 second.)
- Starship Trait
- Trained by:
- Countered by:
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant Commander||60-100s||
|Rank II: Commander||60-100s||
|Rank III: Commander||60-100s||
- Above Table for 100 aux 0 EPG and 0 Control Skill points.
Formula/Table[edit | edit source]
100 Gravgen buff the range by ~50% (100/(120/2*3))
- Gravgen points = Radius for Grav Wells.
- Partgen points = Ability Damage
|Skill Points||Radius||Damage Rank 1||Damage Rank 2||Damage Rank 3|
- Notes below will indicate Max for each LVL GW.
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
- The above-listed numbers for area of effect radius are based on stats revealed by developers in a forum post before the numbers were changed by a patch on October 3, 2013. The patch was supposed to increase the area of effect, but the exact numbers are now unknown.
- The above-listed stats for kinetic damage, repel, and area of effect radius are base numbers that can be improved by skills and/or auxiliary power levels.
- Developer forum post  -- Graviton Generators skill effect on Gravity Well radius and repel prior to patch of October 3, 2013
- As of season 11.5 Gravity Well Radius is capped at 12km (24km diameter) @ 400 Control Points.
- Additional Control Expertise beyond this point will still benefit the Pull values.
- Gravity Well I: Base Radius 2km // Max Radius 8km
- Gravity Well II: Base Radius 2.5km // Max radius 10km
- Gravity Well III: Base Radius 3km // Max Radius 12km
Gallery[edit | edit source]