Ability: Delayed Overload Cascade
Overview[edit | edit source]
Delayed Overload Cascade Charges target enemy craft and those nearby it with destructive energy.After a brief delay, all afflicted enemies explode, taking massive damage, dealing half damage to other enemies near themselves and knocking them away.If multiple enemies are charged, multiple explosions occur, making this weapon devastating against swarms. Max 8 targets.
Convergent evolution, as a principle, holds true even across timelines, After a disastrous combat against alien ships which swarmed like insects, Starfleet needed to rethink how they handles small adversaries.Where traditional fighter craft operate as a screen and striking arm of larger ships, these adversaries used small ships exclusively and in immense number.
In our timeline, the U.S.S. Voyager inspired certain advances. In another , it was the U.S.S. Franklin. Their cure to this plague was quite innovative: a resonant energy field induces massive molecular detachment in tightly packed enemy craft, enabling this little doctor to prematurely end their game.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: 'Whenever you activate a Science or Intelligence Bridge Officer Ability Electrical AoE and Power drain To foes within 5km of your anomalies:
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Foe
- System: Deflector Dish
- Ability Type: Combo power
- Activation: 1 sec
- Range: 10 km; 2km Sphere, 120' targeting arc
- Duration: 1 sec
- Cooldown Time: 60 sec
- Duplicate ability recharge time: 15 sec
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Acquired from Kelvin Divergence Lock Box
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||
|Rank III: Lt. Commander||
Notes/References[edit | edit source]
Obtained from "Special Equipment Pack - Kelvin Divergence Bridge Officer Manuals" or bought from the Exchange. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Divergence_Lock_Box
- Listed damage is based on ability with 100 particle generator points and 50 aux on an Escort outside ESD. Your captain skills, traits, consoles, aux levels etc will heavily affect the damage output of this ability.
Gallery[edit | edit source]